Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What parts for a new comp?

Well I am going to be putting a new computer together soon and I was wondering what parts I should look at to put in it...

I am only going to be able to spend $1100 w/ shipping (might be able to get lke $50 more... Nothing more than 1150 though).

I was looking at (Very Rough Draft):

Soyo KT333
    Amd 1800+ through 2100+ (Havent thought it over yet)
    256 DDR SDRAM pc- 2100 or maybe 2700
    Western Digital special edition (not sure what size)

And the other things I am still pricing (Case, PSU, CD-ROM etc...) And then some cooling products I have already chosen but am looking for the best prices...

So anyway I was wondering what should I be looking at for the new comp... Any input would be welcomed... Thanks

-pga134

Well u may as well get PC2700 memory as the price difference isnt that great.
    If you're on a budget then the Aopen H600A is a nice case thats not too expensive and should come with a rear fan and a 300W PSU.
    For CDROM, did u want a writer or just a reader? Either way haven't heard a single bad thing about Liteon ones.

And how about graphics card? Cant go past a GF4 Ti4200 whether 64 or 128mb i guess.

Not sure if that m/b has sound but either way they usually not that great and a SB Live 5.1 is dirt cheap nowadays.

As for cooling I've heard good things about the Thermaltake Volcano series.....can turn down fan if dont want computer to sound like a vacuum cleaner :D

Your pricing then is $US then I take it? :confused:

Heh thats what i assumed it to be !

Yeah it's US sorry :) forgot about the amount of AUS members :).

Thread Information