Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My possible Setup. Should I change anything?

RDR

Here's link with a review on the Samsung suggesting that it is as good as Corsair and Mushkin, but needs "burning in". Nothing against Samsung (I've used their ram before and found it to be ok.), but I thought this was interesting.

http://www.vr-zone.com/reviews/Memor...fDDR/page8.htm

Newegg seems to be the best of all...with good and fast shipping and products at a very good price. They have the Abit KD7 at a good price and in stock.

If i were you i would invest in Samsung and a better processor like the 2200+ also in stock at newegg.
    - Damien

Ah I see it now FLACO. It wasnt in stock yesterday but it is now :). Thanks again guys :).

Yea, newegg was down for a bit today around 11 am (eastern) i guess they were doing inventory. Make sure you look into my suggestion...and wait to see if anyone think on the contrary. Samsung with the 2200+ on an Abit KD7.

Glad to help man...have fun: peace2:
    - Damien

Not sure if I'm going to get the 2200+ because I didnt save $30 on the new mobo... I think my setup will be pretty sweet. I am not going to order for a week or so so I have plenty of time to refine it :).

:cheers:

-Pga1234

i think another extra 15 bucks won't hurt to get a 1.8 proc...imagine overclocking that to 2GHz...sweet!...Anyhow, prices might get cheaper at newegg in a week...at least enough to get you the 2200+...every dollar counts.
    - Damien

Ah I forgot... Do I need to buy a shim for the cpu? If so which shim is any good? Thanks

Well...i use a shim...on my 2000+ under a Volcano 7+. If this your first time installing a huge heatsink like the Volcano 7+ then you should if not then no...experience will take of it for you. The reason for a shim is to make sure your HSF is leveled with the core of the proc and you won't crush if its not...but you don't "NEED" it no.

If you are going to buy one...make sure its a "NON CONDUCTIVE SHIM". I have been told by a few here that copper shims transfer heat to the rest of the processor. Non conductive shims don't conduct heat so thats taken care of.
    - Damien

ah ok thanks again flaco :)

No problem man...i'll help if can ..have fun...i know how it is waiting those 4 or 5 days for your components to come in...hehe...

Peace Out: peace2:
    - Damien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information