Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: more hard drives?

im looking for a way to add additional hd's to an already maxed out system.

can i run em off a scsi card into an external case and toss other OS's on em?

maybe run them via USB or Firewire?

or make a longer ide cable and attach them to a untra 100 controller card into a case with a power supply thats been modified?

looking for some way to do this..anything would be appreciated..

links to anywhere that can point me in the right direction would be good also..

the question is not necessarily now many hard drives, but how much hard drive space you want - you can get 4 20 gig hard drives that put more strain on the psu or one 80 gig hard drive that puts a quater of the strain

i dont really want to have to go out and get a great big hard drive..i bought myself a nice 30 gig.. but ive kinda come across a situtation and figured this would/is the best way to deal with it..
    but i want to deal with it in a way i want to..

im hopin i can some out with some way to mby put em in some type of external case and run them that way

yeah, you can put it in an external case, but if you want ok speeds, you will have to go scsi, firewire or usb 2.0

what kind of case do you have?

i was able to fit 7 drives in a baby AT...

4 off an ATA card, and 3 on the IDE channles on the mobo

if you can fit them - that's yer best bet

otherwise, an external case and some IDE (ata) and power extensions might do the trick, without loss of speed
    of course, it'll look like hell ;)

Thread Information