Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: 300 to spend on MOB/Cpu

Hey all,

Just wondering I'm kinda new to building a PC and just wondered what the best MOB/Cpu I could get for 300ish (GBPounds). Mainly use the pc for games so dont need Raid and dont realy need any on board stuff as have SB audigy.

Thanks

Matt

I am from the US and not familiar with prices and availability in your country. I am sure that an Athlon rig would still give you "the most bang for the buck" as we say here.

I dont live at the North Pole or anything! I'm sure we can get just about anything in England as in the US. Maybe slightly more expensive so say I have about $400-450. :)

For US$400 you could pretty much get whatever you wanted, if that is JUST CPU and MB. For about $250 you can get an Epox 8K5A2+ ($130 for onboard LAN, audio, Raid) and an XP1600+ ($60) and another $50 bucks on a good HSF and overclock it. For about $300 you could get the MB and a retail XP2200+ processor and not worry about overclocking. What the heck, you could over clock that as well, just get a good HSF and get the OEM version of the processor (about $15 cheaper than the retail version). :hammer:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

I'm sorry if you think that I somehow disparaged England. Prices vary widely from country to country due to taxes, shipping costs, quantity allocated to a particular market segment, traditional markup in a geographic area, etc.. Availability is often dependant on location as well as many manufactures allocate inventory according to market segments. Many products appear in the US first for example until production ramps up on new products or sales level off allowing for distribution to other market segments. I have heard many times in forums that a particular product is unavailable or very hard to come by in a particular country. Not having any valid information on price (you did specify a budget) and availability, I simply did not guess. I simply provided a generic tidbit that I think is true.

Okay okay I was only winding you up and at the same time giving more info so that my question could be more fully answered.

Matt

Thread Information