Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: a few new componants....

P23UNK is offline Member

Question a few new componants....

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a new motherboard after frying my previous and thought I may as well get a new CPU, PSU and case while I'm at it. I'm thinking of a Corsair Carbide Series 400R Mid-Tower, xfx 850w pro series xxx edition PSU but I'm not sure as to what mobo or CPU yet. Bearing in mind I'd like to oc and fit two gpu's in the future can any one suggests a mobo and CPU for this setup? Along with the planned parts ill be using all my current bits listed in my signature. Can anyone see any conflicts? Will the case fit a noctua d-14, is the xfx PSU fit for dual gpu's along with everything else? I'm also open to ideas for different parts that might work better together. Cheers.
    Processor - Ivy Bridge i7 3770K OC @ 4.7GHz
    MOBO - Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H
    BIOS - F7
    Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
    HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500Gb
    SSD - Crucial M4 128Gb (Boot Drive)
    GPU - 2 x Sapphire Radion HD 6950 in Crossfirex config
    RAM - Kingston HyperX 2x4Gb @ 1866MHz
    PSU - XFX 850w core bronze cert
    Case - Bitfenix Raider
    Mouse - Logitech G9x

Default Re: a few new componants....

id go for a z77,maybe a gigabyte ud5? or see what asus brings out,xfx psu is good and 850w will be more than enough

you need a case around 18-20 cm wide to fit a noctua d14,its 160mm/16cm tall

that case looks good but what you think of this cheaper one?

BitFenix Merc Alpha Midi Tower Chassis - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

So your 860 CPU is dead, are you sure? How are you sure it's dead? Do you wanna sell it, if so how much?

I agree with Wazza, get a Z77-UD5H or UD3H if you need to save a little $$, but you will have to wait a little bit for an Ivy CPU to go with it, but lickliy right now due to everyone saving up you can probably find 2500K cheap in forums or ebay, that will hold you over till Ivy or you could just keep using it for a while.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 04-03-2012 at 03:03 PM.

P23UNK is offline Member

@ wazza, that's a good looking case and a very reasonable price. Do you know anyone who has bought one of them and what they think of them?
    @ LSD, I think the CPU itself is alright, I've been told it is the mobo that's buggered but if I'm getting a new mobo I want something up to date and my 860 won't work in the likes of a new ud5h will it? I've not thought about selling the CPU and I've no idea as to what it would be worth second hand. What would you use it for? Are there any ideas of how much the new mobos will cost or do we have to wait for the release?
    BIOS - F7
    Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
    Case - Bitfenix Raider
    Mouse - Logitech G9x

Quote Originally Posted by P23UNK View Post
    Are there any ideas of how much the new mobos will cost or do we have to wait for the release?
    Do you mean the z77 mobo? Some have been released. Search Results : PC Case Gear

i like the ud5 and the asus z77 v pro,either one id choose

bitfenix are a top brand in cases,i dont know anyone whos used that case but id buy one for my next build at that price,google the reviews,theres two types the beta and alpha,they are the same only the alpha has two 120 or 140mm top fan vents and the beta doesnt
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

@ LSD, I think the CPU itself is alright, I've been told it is the mobo that's buggered but if I'm getting a new mobo I want something up to date and my 860 won't work in the likes of a new ud5h will it? I've not thought about selling the CPU and I've no idea as to what it would be worth second hand. What would you use it for? Are there any ideas of how much the new mobos will cost or do we have to wait for the release?
    Ahh ok, I thought you meant you knew it was dead too, if so I planned to verify and RMA if needed - thinking maybe you didn't want to spend the time doing that. No, it wont work in new motherboards, only P55 boards

I would use it for testing and benching in my P55A-UD6 board, right now I don't have a P55 CPU I can easily use for testing without tearing down another system we use in the house for daily tasks, so teardown on it is always a hassle.

New boards are out now at many shops, all other stores will likely be enabling their sale pages over the weekend or on Sunday night / Monday I think. Current prices are around $160-200 or so, depending on what boards you look at and at what stores

P23UNK is offline Member

Cheers mate. Oh right, do u do computer repairs then? If you want the CPU ill sell it to u after I get a new one. I'll have no use for it after getting a new one. I've had a quick look at mobos but can't find a UK vendor yet. Probably after this weekend they'll be on if your right. I'm thinking about the gigabyte ud5 and that bitfenix case too, you cant say no at that price. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about a CPU now.
    BIOS - F7
    Heatsink - Noctia NH-D14
    Case - Bitfenix Raider
    Mouse - Logitech G9x

Cheers mate. Oh right, do u do computer repairs then? If you want the CPU ill sell it to u after I get a new one. I'll have no use for it after getting a new one. I've had a quick look at mobos but can't find a UK vendor yet. Probably after this weekend they'll be on if your right. I'm thinking about the gigabyte ud5 and that bitfenix case too, you cant say no at that price. I just have to figure out what I'm going to do about a CPU now.
    ive seen some asus z77 mb's on ebay mainly from Israel and estonia,prices are 180-200,seen a few gigabyte but no ud5's

heres a good priced xfx 850w,cheapest ive seen,save a few there

XFX 850W 80+ Bronze RealPower 70A EasyRail Pro Core Edition (85% Eff) UK PSU | eBay
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

Ya, I repair computers, build them, and support many users across multiple forums too so I am always running many different boards at once to test multiple things. And I'm an extreme bencher too, so I like to freeze motherboard and CPU's, and I sold my best P55 CPU for freezing, so I haven't used my P55 board since then and have been on the lookout for a 860/870 or Xeon equiv. Ya, let me know a price once you get your new setup going and I'll think it over!

The prices I mentioned are in US $, and may or may not be correct price since boards haven't officially launched yet, plus places like to gouge at first anyway too, so your area they may be more or less depending on how nice the store is and the actual prices.

See, like here is UD5H at TigerDirect in the US, it did have a price of $215, then $199 I think, but price has been removed now. Just start looking around Sunday night / Monday and you'll see them start popping up!
    GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H Intel 7 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket H2 (LGA1155), Intel Z77 Express, 1600MHz DDR3, SATA III (6Gb/s), RAID, 8-Ch Audio, 2x Gigabit LAN, USB 3.0, PCIe 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI at TigerDirect.com

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information