Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about a Power Supply

I amm getting this power supply: http://www.directron.com/eg351pve.html . Now my question is: Does it have enough power connectors for all the stuff im getting. Here's a list:

CD-ROM Drive
    CD-RW Drive
    Floppy Drive
    Hard Drive
    Volcano 7+
    Last but not at all least: 5 Case fans

Now will have have enough power connectors for this much stuff? If not how could I solve this problem? Thanks,

-PGA1234
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Yeah should be fine, the enermax psu's are good
    Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1662Mhz | Volcano 7+ HSF | Soltek SL-75DRV5 | 256MB Corsair XMS-3000 DDR RAM | 44x44x24 Yamaha CDR-W F1 | 16x Liteon DVD | 40Gig 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda | 20Gig 5400rpm Seagate | GeForce2 MX-400 | SB Live! | RTL8139A NIC | RTL8139B NIC | 12 Fans | 1 x ss Blue cc | 2 x Red Neons | 450W Codgen PSU | Logitech Z-340 2.1 Sub and sats | 17" Osborune Monitor | Win XP Pro | M$ explorer rat and keyboard | Everglide Attack Optical

Quote Originally Posted by pga1234
    I amm getting this power supply: http://www.directron.com/eg351pve.html . Now my question is: Does it have enough power connectors for all the stuff im getting. Here's a list:

CD-ROM Drive
    CD-RW Drive
    Floppy Drive
    Hard Drive
    Volcano 7+
    Last but not at all least: 5 Case fans

Now will have have enough power connectors for this much stuff? If not how could I solve this problem? Thanks,

-PGA1234
    You wont have a problem with power from that PSU. I use the 431W WhisperQuiet model.

You will have 8 power connectors.. that should be 3 separate strands.. The first two strands should have 2 standard molex and one floppy connector per strand. The third strand should have 4 standard molex connectors. More than you should need! Also consider buying some Molex y-splitters from Directron.com if you think you wont have enough connectors.

http://store.yahoo.com/directron/cbl-y.html
    Chris "Raven"
    News Crew - TweakTown
    <!--
    <font size=1>
    <font color=green>Main Beast:</font>
    - Athlon XP 1800+@1701MHz | EPoX 8KHA+ | Corsair 512MB XMS3200C2 | GeForce3 Ti200
    - 2x80GB WD 7200RPM | 40x12x48 Sony CDRW | Pioneer 16X DVD
    - Swiftech MCX462+ / Tt Smart Case Fan 2 | Antec 1030SX case w/ 431W Enermax PSU
    </font>
    // -->
    "Look at life like your morning cup of coffee. You might have one every day, yet you still enjoy it."

How to ask a good question

It has 8 of the larger plugs, so you'll be using them all.

I use a 300w AOpen PSU in my No.2 PC with all that and it's fine. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

That is plenty for that setup. I have a 350W antec powering more than that and about 9 case fans and its more than enough

Ok thanks guys. I forgot to mention that the TT-900 Hard drive cooler has one of those pass through connectors.

The TT-900 isnt really a harddrive cooler, more a system cooler, i used to have one. A note of warning, mine fried themselves after 4 months of continuos use, pretty dodgy, i found that it was useless anyway, since it exhausts air from the front end of the case which is stupid since all the heat is generated from the peripherals at the back.

Hmmmm, Thanks. I may have to rethink my HDD cooler.

As a HDD cooler, i use a Justcooler tornado, its just an 80x10 fan that clips onto the bottom of the harddrive, and it works very well. There are many different variations of this available, and they are much more effective than the 3x40MM fans that mount in the 5.25" bay, since 40mm fans only move about 5CFM each, but this 80mm moves about 25.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information