Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I need RAM!

Sounds good to me. How far do you think I could take em? Or how will the better oc'ing ability help out in the long run?
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Several times now I've run this memory @ 200-210MHz with more aggressive timings than Corsair suggest on their site. ;)<center>:cheers:</center>

thanks for the information. i'll probably get samsung, or corsair. those are the names i've seen mentioned alot. but man $360 US isn't chump change for memory. looks like i'll have to break the piggy bank after all. i'm ready to build and itching to buy something, but i still have a few things to decide on -slow and steady as the tortise :geek:

Well an entire GB of memory is no joke either. I would think that just one stick of 512 would be plenty.

Try to wait as long as you can and order all the parts at once...from today to then prices might go down...and that can save a few bucks...

I have a GiG of samsung's mem...256 to 512 you will see a nice difference...but 512 to 1024 isn't too notable...besides that is something you can easily upgrade and with time it gets cheaper (like almost every computer component).

My suggestion is to buy yourself 512 amd save the other 150 bucks on a proc or a video crad etc.. and rememeber to buy all the components at once.
    - Damien

Prices has been slowly dropping here over the last few weeks so it may save you a bit more to leave the memory till last. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

i'll be using this pc to edit d-videos and converting old home movies to dvd. do you think 0.5 gigs of ram will suffice, or should i sell a kidney to get the whole gig?

You dont really need 1GB of ram for anything outside of servers and the things you describe although do require large amounts of ram, will run the same @ 512 as 1024MB of ram. Those sort of applications are more CPU dependant, so upgrading your CPU will hand you a performance increase.

Running pc-3200 at 333mhz actually runs better than having pc-2700 run at 333mhz, correct
    No, not the case. At 333mhz, DDR333 & DDR400 are exactly the same, the only difference could be that you could run the DDR400 at 333 with more aggresive mem. timings, but any decent DDR333 will run at 333 with most aggresive mem timings anyway. Basically my point is, running DDR400 in a DDR333 system is utterly pointless unless you plan on overclocking, that is pretty much the same case with running DDR400 in a DDR400 system too. If you arent overclocking, then stick to PC2100 because at stock speeds the performance differences are very minimal (~%2.5)

Aaah ok thanks.

I plan on oc'ing my computer a bit so I thought that this RAM would help in my venture....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information