Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help! I need RAM!

OK, after a month long break, i'm back on the "Let's build a PC" trail. I need a little help picking out RAM to go with the ABIT AT7 KT333 which has the following for RAM specs:
    -Four 184-pin DIMM sockets support PC1600/PC2100/PC2700 DDR DRAM modules
    -Supports DDR333 unbuffered DRAMs up to 2GB and registered DRAMs up to 3GB
    -Supports 6 banks up to 3GB DRAMs for unbuffered DDR200/266 modules
    -Supports 8 banks up to 3.5GB DRAMs for registered DDR200/266 modules
    :eek: I'm not really sure what all this means, but I'd like to get about 1Gb of fast RAM. Is DDR333 the fastest/best? or is PC2700 better?
    Any suggestions and explainations would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    chinamike

PC2700 is the same as DDR333. 333 means the speed that its running at while the 2700 is the bandwidth available. 2.7Gigbits. While rambus ram for Pentium 4's are around 3.9Gig I think. Which is usually why they rape in memory benchmarks. For a good price and nice high speed ram go to crucial.com if your in the US I think. And they have an excellent memory picker so that its GUARENTEED to work with yoru board. Free 2nd day shipping. Life tiem warranty. (limited lol)

You could buy the pc-3200 (because it's backwards compatible, correct?) for around $180 for a 512 stick. Running pc-3200 at 333mhz actually runs better than having pc-2700 run at 333mhz, correct? Anyway, you can find some Corsair PC-3200 CL2 512mb stick for $180 at www.googlegear.com. I think it is the XMS series as well not sure though.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Blah sorry link doesnt work (period). here: www.googlegear.com .They are also quite reputable company too...

Do not get generic stuff...in the long run its worth it getting decent ram...much more stable and reliable. Samsung, Cosair, etc...
    - Damien

Yes under no circumstances by generic and if ya goin' to be dabblin' on the darkside then Corsair XMS-3200 C2 is the best to get and it will work with your board. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Hey wiggo could you tell me if: http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/Produc...ductCode=80097 is the XMS series? The pic shows that it is but I am not sure if it is...

Yes that's it and that's the 512MB sticks model number being displayed. ;)

Alright! That's the stick I am buying. It actually says in it's description that one 512mb stick better than two 256mb sticks. Not sure how true that is but oh well. Anyway, would you say that that RAM is the best on the market? (not considering RDRAM)

If ya overclockin' then 1 is better as with 2 usually memory timings need to be slowed at a much earlier point. ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information