Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Critique The Specs Please

Well I really like the looks of the Thermaltake case!!! lol

Oh well, I have just read a bunch of reviews about the Antec 1080 and it does seem a good deal, especially with the nice power supply.

I didn't really see anything wrong with the case I selected (again i really liked the looks), it seemed good for cooling and had lots of room.

The thing is, most of those components I can get at the same physical location. I dont know where I could get those Antec cases in Ontario (www.pccanada.com), I'll look around. I just dont like ordering computer components off the Internet cuz it makes me paranoid!!!! (i worked at UPS part time last year, trust me, everything gets treated REALLY bad).

So, so far, I'm starting to change my mind on the case and on the cooler. I dont know much about the Epox motherboard, but I'll research that tomorrow. Although I dont see anything bad about the ASUS, it did really well in the reviews I read.

hmm, I really do not like the antec cases. They are resonably priced....but I am not a fan of them. sorry, I prefer the lian li cases, and I am willing to spend the extra $ for something that is more astetically pleasing to my eye. Most people would look at as a waste of money, but I do not! oh well. :laugh:

but if you like the thermaltake's case you might as well get the antec solution. It is cheaper and they look very similiar....

It is all up to personal preference. I love the Chenming cases (Close to the Antec ones). But not only do I like the look the cooling part of them is beautiful...
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

The Thermaltake, Antec, Chieftek, Viking, etc, etc,.... are all basically made by UNEEC (use to be called Chenming) based in Taiwan and all have that excellent cooling layout. ;)

I can understand why ppl would like the Thermaltake versions very easily but for my purposes the Antec PP 1080AMG is the weapon of choice (no point in a window as no one will see anything with where the case goes but I did add a blowhole and 3 Thermaltake SMART II fans). :thumb:

My changes to ya list would be the WD 8MB cache HDD (fastest IDE HDD IMHO), Corsair XMS-3200 C2 (especially for adventures to the darkside) and the Volcano 7+ (usually only needs medium fan speed *quite*, but then I don't mind the noise on full). :)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeh, i hear the volcano 7+ performs well, ive never owned one, ive owned a coolermaster DP6I11A, Volcano 7 & volcano 9, and i am currently using a volcano 7 heatsink with an 80CFM delta. Anyhow if you just wanna splurge and have bit of money to waste then get a thermalright SLK-800 and put an 80CFM delta on it, thats about the best aircooling you can give an athlon CPU. Be warned though it sounds like a plane taking off.

Though the Thermalright SLK-800 will cost you twice the price of the Volcano 7+ and then ya have to buy a fan but the Thermaltake SMART II fan (adjustable from 21cfm to 75cfm either manually or thermally) is a good choice to mount on one. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeh its probably a better option than using a delta, but ive got mine rigged up to a rheobus so its basically the same without auto fan speed control

Don't get a Maxtor drive - they only have a 1 yr. warranty as of Oct. 1 - and they tend to last about 18 - 24 mo. :thumbs do
    If you don't go with a WD w/8mb cache - get a Samsung HD - they still have a 3 yr. warranty & they're a bit cheaper than Maxtors too

I'm not a huge Asus MB fan (just a personal thing) I would get an Epox board for perfomance /OC-ability (plus you save a few bucks) or an ECS for a budget system

I can get an Epox 8K5A2 for about $145cdn or a 8K5A3+ w/int LAN & RAID for $180cdn

I'm not sure where in Canada you are but there's a few Epox resellers in the Toronto area

Hmm, not in agreeance there, if you dont get a WD, get a SEAGATE! it will last you alot longer than the warranty period. The samsung harddrives benchmark quite a bit lower than any other drive of the same capacity and RPM, you might be getting a better warranty but you are sacrificing performance quite a bit.

honestly, spend the 20 dollars and go with the WD special edition drive! :thumb:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information