Hi,

Story is, I'm buying a new computer after five years or so with my laptop, chose to buy a PC since a laptop has a very few upgrade possibilities ( or so I think ).

These are the specs:
CPU: Intel i7-3770
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77 V
Memory: 2 Corsair Vengeance 8GB
GPU: XFX HD 7970 3GB/384bit

I'm torn between the Samsung S27A950 and Asus VG278HE.

I'm mainly using this computer for movies and games ( League of Legends, Dragon Age, Witcher, Guild Wars 2, Star Craft, Diablo 3, the likes, I play rarely to none FPS games, because it makes me dizzy and gives me headaches ). I might plan to do some little photoshop and video editing, but that's very far from being a professional.

So, with that said, would you mind helping me with these ( bare with me here, some of the questions might sound noobish ):
1. I'm more inline with the picture and color quality than the response time, I'm far from being a pro player but I play-to-win.
2. Both of the monitor have a Dual Link DVI-D but the GPU hae a Dual Link DVI-I, what cable should I use to get a 120hz/144hz refresh rate.
3. Is there any huge difference if I played a 1080p in a 60hz, 120hz and 144hz, will I notice it? ( I'm aware that films are recorded in 60fps, TV shows in 24fps, just talking about the quality of the image)
4. I'm not yet a fan of 3D gaming, I heard that 3D shutter glasses can give you headaches, so is there any other alternatives.

Thanks in advance!