Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help me build an AMD rig

PedangGila is offline Junior Member

Default My first AMD rig build

Hello all! I'm building an AMD system right now as I've confirmed the payment on Gigabyte's F285X-UP4 board so I can't back off on the eve of Haswell's crowning day. Why? I'd love to get my hand on that Ultra Durable 5 gimmick from Gigabyte. Yes I read it everywhere that A10 APU chicken out at 4.5Ghz but Ultra Durable 5 I must get. So here's what I have in mind:

M/B: GA-F2A85X-UP4 (being shipped)
    CPU: A10 5800k
    PSU: FSP AURUM 600w
    RAM: Kingston ValueRam KVR16N11 8GB
    GPU: MSI 7850 Twin Frozr III
    HDD: Any 500GB 7.2k RPM will do

What say you guys? Comments are most welcomed and very appreciated. Thank you first.
    Last edited by PedangGila; 06-13-2013 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Edit: Title and wording

"If Andes is just a grain then take my words with it"

Default Re: Help me build an AMD rig

Seems that I could save a lot more if I can OC an A8 5600k to 4.2-4.5Ghz. It's like $30 save. Problem is I don't have enough ayesays especially from this forum players or google has been hiding those successful A8 oc stories. The same about KVR16N11 oc, only one site proved it possible. I guess I'll be experimenting with both and brag here ignorantly :), provided the motherboard survived the thousand miles journey from US NewEgg's store to my cave here in Malaysia.

Now that Ive finished the build, it left me with mixed feeling as it's quite inferior to my intel budget rig, CPU wise. I OCed the cpu to 4.4GHz but it's trailing behind i3 530 3.5Ghz, with 19GFlop vs 22Gflop for i3 in Intel biased LinX. Even AMD's APU manage to flop the test on the first pass due to low voltage 1.463v. Idle temp 44C vs i3 manage to sit at 36C.

*add*

I superPi my i3 530 rig and it scored 11 minutes vs this APU build 22 minutes but after a month of use I still don't notice anything too slow.
    Last edited by PedangGila; 07-30-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Another thing about the motherboard is no SLI support/certified but even if it does, I don't think my PSU like it.

Wise word: Don't buy an Nvidia GPU if it's for AMD board.

Gadzooks man!

From your Validation on the A8-5600K in your Sig:
    Temperature
    102.3C
    Umm, warm enough yet?
    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - G.Skill RAM Configurator for your boardSamsung Memory for your boardLatest AMD Chipset Drivers/WindowsLatest AMD Graphics Drivers/WindowsLatest Intel Drivers

#3 - Please use the eXtreme Outer Vision Power Supply Calculator found HERE to determine if it might be your PSU at issue.
    ____Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Quote Originally Posted by - wardog - View Post
    Gadzooks man!

From your Validation on the A8-5600K in your Sig:

Umm, warm enough yet?
    CPU-z just went nutty there for a while. Temp never exceed 90 or max 75 according to AMD's temp standard/method (OCCT test).

Thread Information