Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cpus

I'm not intending to buy one right now but just out of curiosity, which cpu is the best to buy. Regarding value of course. Is amd the way to go or is Intel. I was just a gamespot and i was checking out the hardware page, it was comparing the latest P4 northwood 2.2 ghz with the amd anthalon xp 2000+ and well basically the p4 was superior on a i850 motherboard... so the expense was high... i don't really intend to be spending top of the line dollar... so which company should i go with when i do chose to invest my money. I'll probably be asking this question agian when i am finally ready but i would like to know now so that i could start planning. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

i personally would go for the AMD athlon xp

Beefy Guest

if you are looking for value for money, then the Athlon family is definitely the way to go..

For the best "Bang for Bucks" I've got to agree with the other 2 as well. :smokin:
    <center> </center>

Yup, I agree, go with the Athlon XP for the best value for money :toung:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Quote Originally Posted by Albinus
    Yup, I agree, go with the Athlon XP for the best value for money :toung:

WOW! :eek:
    Is that Albinus recommending an AMD product? I am impressed to say the least. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Also, remeber the Xp2000+ is 1666Mhz and the P4 is 2200. I imagine the P4 didnt win by much, so when AMD gets some cpu's that are the same clock speed, they will rip intel :D

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion

WOW! :eek:
    Is that Albinus recommending an AMD product? I am impressed to say the least. ;)

Yes Darth, as a matter of fact I have built more AMD systems for friends than Intel ones - by a factor of about 3:1 :)

There is no doubting that the Athlon XP is the best value for money, so I recommed that
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Put me down for an Athlon XP vote, too.
    If Intel did some sort of overclocker friendly thng with their processors and allowed for multiplier adjustments and stepping/core quality distinction, maybe the 2.2a would be the expensive way to have lots of o/cing fun because of it's .13 die. But they don't and instead they choose to price their processors at 2x or more the price of AMD equally performance competitive chips. I'm not an AMD freak, even though i do support them in 99% of all the advice i give. I just don't like what Intel is doing right now. I say right now, because they may have another Celery 300A planned that could put a few minority o/cers back into the Intel corner. Maybe even me.

BTW, my mom has my old celery and even thou it's no longer o/ced. I still like to see how it's doing when i go over there.

you should buy an itanium 800. This is a very cheap and powerful processor!
    Nůs vamos invadir sua praia, baby

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information