Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: gaming laptop

Yeah it is. But I still wouldnt really bother playing games on a laptop.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

you'd bother if that was the only thing you could do in a boring 3hr class

wow...that got alot of replies...thanks for al the input, i would prob buy a 17" monitor and keep it in my dorm room, but i still need that laptop to take to class and stuff otherwise i would obvioiusly go for a desktop. well it looks like 2500-3000 is the best bet...and it seems alienware has better laptops than dell...plus i would have trouble buying any product from dell w/ that gay kid in all their commercials...everytime i used it his annoying voice woudl come to mind :D

bmm0324 - Don't forget what DigitalDD said about Sager. It is true, they're laptops are just as good as Alienware ones but for a better price. Try that out before spending that much :thumb:.
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

i was lookin at the sager notebooks, they look ok, but the hd's are a little slower and some of the stuff just isnt as fast, it seems lke a lower grade alienware. so i dont know yet...

Though I have no experience with their notebooks, Alienware is well known for tweaking hardware in their desktops. Sager is a good company that sells reliable notebooks for business use. They are reliable because all of the hardware and software use very conservative settings. I'm sure Alienware uses the fastest version of available parts with the most agressive settings they have determined to be stable. There is a difference, you just have to decide whether the added value is equal to, or greater than the added cost.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjackusa
    Though I have no experience with their notebooks, Alienware is well known for tweaking hardware in their desktops. Sager is a good company that sells reliable notebooks for business use. They are reliable because all of the hardware and software use very conservative settings. I'm sure Alienware uses the fastest version of available parts with the most agressive settings they have determined to be stable. There is a difference, you just have to decide whether the added value is equal to, or greater than the added cost.
    A friend bought an AlienWare notebook which only gets 25min off its battery. its a P4 2.8 ghz with 512 MB DDR RAM and a Radeon 9000 video. I guess thats what you get for putting in a desktop CPU in a laptop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information