Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: What to buy?

I was wondering if u guys can help me out here.I want to build my first computer but i dont know what to buy.Motherboard,Ram, power and so on.So if u can can u give me a list to what purchase to build a computer that will be so helpful to me if not sorry for the trouble.I llook at alienware websites but they dont list what prduct it is and other websites that i got to that builds pc or i would of just gotten a list from them :D

Pentium 4 (2.8 ghz-3.0 GHz 256KB, 533MHz)
    Motherboard
    Memory
    Hard Drive
    Powersupply
    Cd-Rom
    Case
    Fans
    and so on......

not to much or to cheap :D

:bounce: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce:

for the HDD, i would get the western digital 120gb with 8mb cache. its a beauty

Well it depends on what your definition for "Not to much or not to Cheap" is but anyway. If you like Intel and want to go with that I can't help you out too much. But If you like the idea of AMD check out some if not all of the parts in my sig. $1200 if you live in the US. I would probably change the Mobo to one of EPoX's KT400 boards (if you can find them) or the ABIT MAX 2. Also if you can spend more than $1200-$1300 try and upgrade the proc to a 2400+ or 2600+. or if you can wait, and have enough $$$ go for the AMD 2700+/2800+'s along with an NV30 (NVidias new card, coming soon).

If you click on an item in my sig it will take you to a place where you can purchase it (best prices that I could find barring that the site was credible).

I like this system and would highly recommend it :thumb:
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

Aztec_warrior - P4 northwoods have a 512k L2 not 256.

have a look at the Epox P4 motherboards EP-4BEAV & 4G4A (with the "+" if you want RAID)....they are intel chipsets and have support for DDR333 (or DDR354 depending on how you set it up) the EP-4PEA looks good too - but I don't have any personal experience with it.
    the EP-4SDA5 has nice features as well - but I haven't had good luck with SiS chipsets in the past.

Well the 2.8ghz is not exactly affordable for most people so I'm not sure if that falls under not too cheap not too expensive!
    If going for a P4 then use something with the Intel 845PE chipset on the motherboard as it supports DDR333 and also Hyperthreading CPUs which will be released in the near future.

Thread Information