Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Custom Gaming Machine

Hi,
    I want to build and assemble a new computer soley for GAMING and the possibility of internet surfing. I was wandering if anyone out there with any prior knowledge of computer components could recommend anything. The following are must haves:

~GeForce 4 Ti 4600
    ~Fast Proccessor
    ~256+ RAM

I am soon to be 15 and I dont have a job so I cant have an incredible price on my hands. Please suggest some speedy good parts that will allow me to run new games like DOOM 3 and Unreal 2 / Tournament 2003 well. Thank you for taking your time to help me...:)

Want to run Doom3 on the cheap! That's quite a challange. Here are some personal opinions.

Video card - I like the Gainward Golden sample cards as they have always been good at oc'ing out of the box. They are not the cheapest, but are often priced similarly to other good cards because they don't usually come bundled with a bunch software.

ram - You may not find a deal, but look for one on DDR333 that can run at cas2. Several benchmarks have shown that 333 at cas2 out-performs 400 at cas2.5.

cpu - The best bang for the buck right now seems to be the xp2100, which I have seen for $89us delivered.

Ahhh spen your time doing homework instead :p

Yeah get 512mb of ram if possible.
    With the GF4 Ti4600 just get any brand as they all perform similarly....the Leadtek's have a mega heat sink that looks cool but makes no difference really hehe.

Well if you want the fastest CPUs out there then thats Intel at the moment and the 2.4ghz P4 is cheaper than the AMD XP2400+ in most shops!

Check out the RAM in my sig. It's the best price I could find for a nice stick of RAM. But it's still a bit on the pricey side :rolleyes2
    New Sig soon, old one was way outdated.

:thumb:

I will have to mentiono Chaintech's Ti4600 is must the cheapest one out there and makes a good card.... I own one and its been to good to be so far. Just letting you know before you look go buying one.
    - Damien

The "Thunder" link in my sig is a very fast, smooth and versatile machine which scores just short of 12000pts in 3DMark '01SE so I'm sure that 13k should be about it with a Ti4600. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

focus on video card and ram ....cpu is less important

you may want to consider an ATi videocard too

the Radeon9700Pro is a little pricey still

but the non-Pro 9700 and the 9500Pro should start showing up in stores in about a week or so

the 9700 should be priced very close to a Ti4600 & provide better performance & an 9500Pro should provide comparable perfromance to a Ti4600 & will be cheaper

if fact I just place an order for a 9500pro & should have it by the 13th...it was $190USD compared to $250USD for an Albatron Ti4600

Yeah it seems to me that Nvidia's been drinking too much beer lately, cause ATI has reached up and knackered them while they weren't lookin.... go for the 9500 Pro if you can it's a Ti4600 Killer, while still being a MX price point (or so).

If you want the most bang for buck, AMD is the way to go, but I've been brought back to Intel by sheer product quality, availability, and price. The P4 2.4 B is the bad boy. Unless Mom and Dad want to spring for a 3.06.....

Dat's my story and I'm stickin to it.

Thread Information