Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Building my Own Christmas present

Alright, so here's the deal. I've been at this all day and it's getting to me. My mom has agreed to buy me a computer for christmas, that's cool, but I want to do it myself, buy the parts seperatly and put it together, not buy a ****ty compaq or something. So the problem is this, money. There's not going to be a tremendous amount spent here. I've tried all day and can't get the price to go below $700 or so, without taking away like the monitor and router that I will need to hook up my network. Here's the rundown of the parts I desire. Any help would rock. Thanks in advance.

-AMD 1800+ XP
    -Albatron KX400-8x
    -Kingston 256mb PC2100 (Or crucial, samsung, cheapest, maybe PC2700 too, if not too much more)
    -CD-Rom, like Benq 52x or Lite-On. (Again cheapest)
    -Linksys Network Card
    -SB Live! 5.1
    -NEC FE770 17in
    Case and floppy I can get pretty easily.

Damn, I forgot about my vid card:

Albatron GF 4 Ti 4200 128mb Turbo

Just a thought but what about a nForce2 motherboard as that will get rid of the need for the soundcard and nic though it will perform better with 2 sticks of memory for the dual chanel memory controller to kick in. :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hmm... I don't know, I'm just looking for ideas. I have to talk to my dad too. He might give me more money. :D

Thread Information