Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Would these Rounded Cables reach?

Today i have decided to buy a Volcano 9 for the lil rig i am building. I have also decided sine the case doesn't have the best cooling in the world to go ahead and buy rounded cables.

I need you guys to take a look at the case and mobo. I didn't want extra cable being folded every which way...so decided in buying 10" floppy cable, 12" IDE cable (for one HD) and finally a 18" IDE for the DVD and CD-RW. I was hoping if you guys can take a look at these two pics and see if you get a rough estimate if the cables would reach to it correct drive. I would be placing the HD on the highest internal bay and the floopy on the lowest 3.5 external bay. I think i won't have a problem with my roms.

Thank you very much for your time and effort.:)
    - Damien

This is the mobo a nForce from ASUS...

BTW what is wrong with the temp monitor is the atucal board or the prog that come included with the mobo? THX AGAIN:)
    - Damien

I hesitate to say that I'm 100% sure, but I've built a lot of systems and it is my opinion that the cables you propose will work just fine. It's a short board and the ide sockets are in the middle of the board. I'm not familiar with the temp monitor though, so I can't help there.

Yes ya shouldn't have any probs with the cables (unless one is faulty of course). As for the temps, get use to seein' higher temps as these read straight from the core itself and are spose to be very accurate (time will tell I guess). ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Thx alot guys...i went for it and ordered them...some orders finally cam in and the cd-rw is missing...:mad:
    (f**king shentech!!!)

Anyhow...i am please to say the i got the case here from good ol' newegg.com and it seems you guys are right
    :thumb: thx again...

As for the temps i don't thinki will be paying too much attention i think i will have sufficient case cooling and the volcano 9 will do the job for a non O/Ced 1700+....
    - Damien

looking at that case, it seems standard mid-tower enought that i would reckon 8" cables would do the job, i have a case thats deeper then that and rarely do i need anything larger than the standard (although i do have a long set just in case)

but you bought them now so meh :D
    sKuLLsHoT
    www.morb.ath.cx

Thread Information