Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Loud!

I just built a machine with an MGC case, Epox board, AMD 1800 and Volcano 6 cpu fan. With 3 fans running this machine is extremely loud. Does anyone have a recommendation on the best way to quiet a machine down? (what should I buy?)

If you aren't running OC'd all the time - you could put some of your fans on a 12v/7v toggle & run at lower rpms during less intensive use

Water is fun

I had a Volcano 2 and a Volcano 6. I took the fan of the 2 and put it on the 6. I'm using the 6. Everything is silently humming and all is good.

I'm guessing one of those fans is that of a Delta or similar. Replace it and your noice problems will be gone, but you'll also loose performance as well.

Is this the Volcano 6Cu? The standard 6Cu model has a 4500RPM fan that is very quiet, the 6Cu+ has a 6800RPM fan that is horrendously loud and not that much more effective at cooling. Fortunately, the 6Cu and 6Cu+ have a standard 60x60mm fan so upgrading to one of your choice is very easy :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Yep. I had the Volcano 6 Cu+ with the high speed fan. Luckily I also had a Volcano 2 that has virtually the same fan as the 6Cu. I switched'em. And you're right, the lower speed fan on the 6Cu is keeping the CPU just as cool and significantly quieter.

Glad to hear that you're OK now :toung:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Thread Information