Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: The best deal on a NEW notebook I have seen so far!

Hey guys! Go to www.accessmicro.com and click on the "Value Notebooks" button. At the top of the page they have a x book celeron series with a 1.2 ghz Intel Celeron processor for 600.00!(US ) You can get it for 400.00(US) if you opt to sign on with earthlink internet service for two years! It does not have an internal battery, but I like that because the battery is external and that means a lot less heat on the components inside! You can purchase the battery seperately for 109.00 on the same site. If somebody knows a better notebook deal than this...please post it! I am looking around for one.

where do u live ?? states, aus, canada?? on another note my friend has a 1ghz celeron laptop its like a Toshiba or something and its SUPER SLOOOOOW i mean slow. I would not recomend a celeron unless you really are on a tight budget. As far as overall deals go what about ebay... the note books with external batteries are alot cheaper then all the other ones. Also if you do decide to go with the notebook with the earthlink service attached read and read the agreement over very carefully and make sure you can and will stay commited to that service for 2 years as breaking the contract will not be a worth while decision, i know a bit about cell phone contracts and how ppl dont read them and get scammed really good if they decide to cancel the serive before the contract runs out. Hope this helps

I live in the US and as far as it being slow, I can handle that! I just want something to watch a DVD on when I travel occasionally! This would be perfect....and about the earthlink deal, I would just rather pay the 200.00 extra and forget earthlink! I also checked ebay just now and the 1ghz notebooks are selling for around the same price as what I can get this one...but......THOSE ARE RECONDITIONED! This one is going to be NEW! I would buy new any day over reconditioned!

If that is all you want to do then this would be a pretty good deal. You mentioned reconditioned items... I would not be afraid to buy these unless they aren't with a decent warranty. Also some reconditioned items are of higher quality then their NEW and cheap counterparts, this usually refers to buying a no name new product or getting a Brand Name refurbished product. In this case I would have to say that the brand name is probably a better deal just because you are using brand name parts, which are usually associated with a sort of a trust for the company as you may have used some of their products before and they have worked without major problems (this could be the opposite) but with a name company you pretty much know what you get from reviews and so on. If you say that you would like to buy New over reconditioned go for it. This is all just my opinion good luck with the purchase

Thread Information