Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recent price hike on DDR Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    think though.. RDRAM is close in price to DDR.. but what about the rest of the system? Mobo and CPU? as far as I know, most RD RAM MB's cost more than DDR, don't they?

My supplier carries the Epox i850 board & the Epox i845d board (both socket478 - I don't have the model numbers handy at the moment)

the i850 board is only $10cdn more + another $60cdn to switch from DDR to RDRam.

I ended up getting the DDR based system anyway - just because we tend to upgrade/recycle systems as they start to get older - & I'm not sure how common RDRam will be in a couple of years

Quick note on RAM prices in Aus.

Prices continue to rise. Reseller channel stock is very low. All major fabs have refused sales to trader market and are only supplying on allocation to contract and distributors.

Key issues include;

Price rise in front of Chinese new year holiday reflecting market confidence in continued price rises.
    Hynix, Micron, Samsung & Infineon refuse any sales to traders, only supplying major contracts and distributors
    All majors have again raised contract price more than 30% in the first week of Feb.
    Major OEM's such as Dell, Compaq and HP have been buying up memory module in the spot market removing any doubt from speculation that this round of price rises would evaporate in front of lunar new year holidays.
    Still no resolution to merger talks amongst the four major brands.
    Current market price still remains below the total cost of manufacture.

i'm a little confused about what birdkiller just said:confused: . sorry i'm a little slow sometimes. Oh and any idea when prices might drop. Maybe birdkiller just answered that though... hmm...

judging by what birdkiller said, prices won't be comming down very soon :( :cry:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information