Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: what should i get?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: low in cash,but want new PC!

Hi,i am a 13yrs old, and live in Cananda. I have a HP computer which i got beacuse one of my friend was leaving. He bought it in 1999. Is ok,for work, but not for gaming. It only has 64 mb of ram and 40gb of HD. Also it has a bad video card,a intel 32mb video card. All this is realy bad for my games like diablo2 and CS.

I want a new computer this year or next year. But heres my problem, I only have 1500 dollars,and my parents are only giving me 200 dollars more. so,i only have 1700 Canandian* to spend.
    I went on some of the web sites,like voodoo computers and alienware computers. And the total was around 2100-2800 canadian.

I had some solutions that i dont know if it would work. One,was to sell my computer at e bay or maybe a garage sale. Then i may have 100 bucks canadian.

Please help me!!!!!!! i really want a gaming computer that is less than 2500 canadian****

THANKS!:lips:

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

o just let u know these ar some of the stuff i must need for my new computer

512mb or more of ram
    intel p4.2.26gb
    intel motherboard(dont know which one to get)
    radeon 9800 videocard 128mb
    sound blaster aulgy gamers
    80gb of HD
    21inch flat screen monitor

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

What exactly do you need from us?...I mean you know what you want ...all you need to do is search for cheap prices. In my opinion alienware is too much money for me. I much more perfer building it myself. If you don't know how ...then do some research and read reviews...and ask question around these forums. Thats how i got to build mine first time around.
    - Damien

cool thanks man,,

TWEAK TOWN is the #1 pc site .

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

I don't have a crystal ball, but I'm thinking that the next 3-4 months are going to be kind of lean for the PC manufacturers.
    I expect to see some price reductions. But, I can't see the future of course.

And I would definitely look into the cost of building your own!
    Homemade is truly a fine way to go. It takes a good deal of research and shopping but it pays you back by having a solid system that you know inside and out.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Also you may want to consider a more "budget minded" approach. Do you really "NEED" 512MB RAM. Consider starting with 256 and add another 256 after you scratch together some more cash. Consider salvaging your 40G HDD from your current computer and get another 40 gigger when the money is flowing a bit better. You don't always have to have the latest and greatest to get the job done. The beauty of computers is that they are modular, so you don't have to upgrade everything all at once. And there is always something better coming out next week or next month. If you are on a budget, it's virtually impossible to keep up. Just another approach to consider.

However you decide to go, there are tons of people around here willing to help! Good Luck!

JM :afro:
    Have you hugged a Midget today?

I aggree with JM in all aspects....You can just buy nessary components now...and later on buy another pice of hardware. AND YES !...using every bit of your old machine is the way to ...saving yourself 11 bucks ona floppy is a start...have a decent cd-rom go for it...you have more money for a better Burner...etc etc...every bit counts...and remember to always know what coming in the near future. For Example...nVidia's GeForce FX coming soon to retailers mean price drops on their current video crads...meaning more of a bargain for you. Also...some hardware come "OEM" or "Bulk packaging" and are you usually cheaper...as long as the specs are the same as the "retail box hardware"...that way you can save yourself 5,10, even 20 to 25 bucks on somethings just for getting it in bubble wrap instead of a box. I benefit alot from this in CPU's and Video Cards...the AMD's Retail (comes with cpu and stock cooling fan and heatsink)for 310 OEM is 280. Big save there. The stock fan is useless to me cuaz i buy a third party cooler anyway. So keep that technique in mind.

Like i said before don't be shy:)
    - Damien

you can do it for under 1000 (us) just by using pricewatch.com. although it might be around 1200 with the flat panel not sure, but i would get one refurbed or use to save money.

also agree with the statements above.
    pr0

What province do you live in - I can direct you a few good places in southern Ontario

Thread Information