Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What can I do to make this a little better

Well I had a Asus A7N8X MOBO in my hand and on the counter with my checkbook out, and guess what, a customer in the store says don't forget to warn him..........., andway I can't use my 333 DDR ram with that board. I was bummed. I wanted a Nvidia board. So off shopping I go.

Al

CL2 is just a Cas Latency of 2. Simply put, a read/write timing that has nothing to do with MHz speed of RAM. You prolly have CL2 as most 333 does.

I like the Asus A7N8X, but i like ePox better, and Abit even better that that. If your gonna buy a nForce2 baord, i recommend the Deluxe versions as they have the 2nd LAN and some Firewire ports, and something different with sound, i think. Thou, i have looked at the A7N8X box and board, and im not sure how to hook up the built-in GF4MX that SHOULD be in it. Whatever. Im gonna buy an Abit one in a couple o weeks.

I think the guys at the PC store are full of crap as your 333 will work fine. You have DDR333, correct? Yeah, itll work fine. I assume you have like 2x 512 or 1x 512 and 2x 256, which is all fine. Buy the nForce2 boarrd you like the best, use the onbaord sound, plug the RAM in, set the CDRW as master on its channel, and have fun playing cool games.

Next thing id look for is whether the PS can handle the load of those components and purchase accordingly, but the 350 are usually enough even when they are no-name. If its a good quality one, youll prolly never have probs. Laters.

Thanks for the help everyone, I really appreciate the fast replies.
    But I have decided to think a bit on what I want to do.
    Al

I forgot to mention, that the dealer I was going to buy the Nvidia board from did some checking and said yes my 333ddr would work, but that he has had 6 of those Asus boards come back in the past 2 weeks. So I'm going to go with a Via chipset and a new MSI KT4V board.

Al

This is over the edge. I have talked to a few more dealers, who all recommend the Asus A7N8X over the MSI, and not because it costs more. After giving it some more thought, I have decided to go back and buy the Asus. If it has a problem then I'll deal with it at that time, but again this other shop I talked to said they haven't seen any come back. Kind of makes me wonder a bit about this dealer I was originally talking to, that said my 333ddr wouldn't work, then changed their tune. Also the Asus doesn't have on board video.

After I get it installed I'll report back.

Thanks god I have a laptop so if I need help I can get .

Al

Somebdoy answer me this: ALL nForce/nForce2 boards are supposed to come with onboard video - thats most of the appeal of the nVidia chipset... whats up with the Asus one not having it? Am I totally off with my PC fun facts or what?

I too, am confused by this video issue.
    Why would I want to use an mx440, when I have a geForce 4600 TI with 128 meg on board.

Al

The Asus A7N8X does NOT have onboard video.:smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by urslow
    Why would I want to use an mx440, when I have a geForce 4600 TI with 128 meg on board.
    Al
    Yeah, but i wouldnt mind a GF4MX when i only have a GF2MX in my current rig.;)

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    JediAgent[/size]]
    Somebdoy answer me this: ALL nForce/nForce2 boards are supposed to come with onboard video - thats most of the appeal of the nVidia chipset... whats up with the Asus one not having it? Am I totally off with my PC fun facts or what?
    Of the original nForce chipset the 415D doesn't have onboard video and the nForce2 boards it's only optional. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information