Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I need advise for my new POWERHOUSE pc I'm building.

Ye but when the FX comes out, I have a feeling it will put ATI to shame...for a while atleast.
    Don't get it twisted, this world revolves around money.

Some leakage so far shows it in front of the R9700 but these links have been quickly closed down though by as much as the R9700 is infront of the GF4 Ti4600 plus there are already plans to double the available memory bandwidth already with a core update when needed. : peace2:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker

Also I think just one HD will be enough.
    Yea, so do i...100 GB is real good start...have you checked the price Difference of the 100GB to the 120GB S.E. WD HD....its that much more???
    - Damien

I don't know that anymore than a WD JB800 80GB HDD is needed is it? :?:

I don't think its is...but guys like my bud downloads MP3 like there is no tomorrow...for his gigs at parties etc. I think with his Games and music it should be enough. As for slacker...i don't think music is his profession...and i doubt he will evr use all the 100 gigs. I have eighty and ALOt of music and still not even close to half way...
    - Damien

Well that what CDRW's are for arn't they? :confused:

Actually the fastest WD HDD atm is the JB400 and they get a bit slower as they increase in size (a pair of JB400's in RAID-0 anyone? Or maybe 4 in RAID 0+1?). :devil win

I read somewhere that the WD drives with the 8 MB cache where actually slower in RAID 0 than a standard drive with only 2 MB. Can't remember details, but it was something to do with the 8 MB of cache. I read it at either the Andantech, or storagereview forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Well that what CDRW's are for arn't they? :confused:

Yea he has one...but hey can't spend too much time looking for what cd has what song...you know what i mean...he can just search for it under file search.
    - Damien

Guys, 100gigs is more than enough in my opnion, I wanted 2 HD's for different operating systems, but now I will only need xp pro.

My current HD is like 80 gigs and I have 38.6 gigs used.

This is what I have on it..

Games -
    -UT-strike force
    -RTCW
    -SoF2
    -Hl-cs & DoD
    -Mohaa
    -AoM
    -WC3
    -BF1942
    -cfs3
    -fifa
    -jk2
    -ghost recon
    -gp4
    -nwn
    -avp2
    -AA
    -nfshs2
    -& a range of demos

Mp3's & movies take up the rest.

If there really isn't much of a difference with 120 gig HD then I might end up getting that, but for the time being 100gig sounds good.

First thing is first, I need a case, do you all agree thatis the first thing I should buy?

If so, what do you think about this? http://www.pccasegear.com.au/prod508.htm I really like it! Will it fit everything I need in it?
    Don't get it twisted, this world revolves around money.

That case seems a bit small even tho everything will fit. Just that you most worry more about air flow and taking out heat from the inside. To me that case doesn't look like it will do the best job.
    - Damien

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information