Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: audigy

Hey everyone, i have another question to ask all of you. Well i have a sb live value sound card, i seem to have lost the software for it in xp:mad: oh well i didn't use it too much anyways... well the quality of the sound is the same and runs well in my games. i am happy with it... i was just wondering whether or not it was worth upgrading to sb audigy x-gamer, i figure that i am going to be doing some upgrading in a couple of months and was wondering if it would be worth including this into my list...

Beefy Guest

Personally, i've got an SB Live! Value at the moment, and I don't intend on upgrading that for a long time. The audio quality from that card is pretty damn good, it supports 4.1 sound, which is all I use, and i don't have any hassles with it.

When thing start fully supporting the new EAX that comes with the Audigy, then i'll think about getting one.. but at the moment.. it's probably better to wait for a while.

Have they even come out with drivers for XP yet? I have a Platinum 5.1 and i dont plan on upgrading, but ever since i got XP i haven't been able to use all it's features.

Haven't had a chance to try an Audigy yet, but am damn keen to check out one of the new Extigy's! :thumb:

I have a SoundBlaster Live! currently, and unless you really need the new features of the Audigy, stay with the Live!, I would only go with the Audigy if I had to buy a new sound card for a new system.
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan_Lander
    The Audigy is very good: peace: :bounce:
    Tell me... Is there an audible difference between the Live and Audigy? :?:

I personally really doubt it. If you are thinking about getting an audigy, get the 'xtigy' which is an audigy soundcard that is external... it has opitcal audio out, and in, as well as all other sound card features.

Optical 5.1 right into your reciever, boy that would be sweet, but personally my headphones get the job done, and doesn't cost an assload.

The difference between sound cards is the speakers you use with them, if you use crappy speakers with your live card and crappy speakers with ur audigy then there will be no difference. But if you have high quality surround speakers then maybe...

Shepps

Quote Originally Posted by zeradul
    I personally really doubt it. If you are thinking about getting an audigy, get the 'xtigy' which is an audigy soundcard that is external... it has opitcal audio out, and in, as well as all other sound card features.

Optical 5.1 right into your reciever, boy that would be sweet, but personally my headphones get the job done, and doesn't cost an assload.
    the best thing about an ext. sound card is that the DAC is producing the analog signal outside of the PC with less electrical noise from everything else that's running.
    You get a much cleaner analog signal - maybe not noticable on most PC speakers - but it would be on a high quality stereo....if you decided to go that route:sun:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information