Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Should I stick with AMD or should I try Intel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiggo has a dilemma :(

I just can't be in the middle i rather just go for the 2800+ or the 2600+...
    - Damien

sorry for the rant but here it comes:
    if you want to skip it just scroll on by.....

this is "my opinion": if you want an upgrade right here right now go and buy the best f*ing piece of hardware that you can afford right here right now.
    if you wait until it reduces in price then you dont need it right here right now. besides when it has reduced in price then the next newest and greatest thing has come along.

just bite the f*ing bullet buy what you can afford and use it straight away! don't arse around for six months whinging that you havent got the best bit of kit cos it is too expensive. tough ****. buy the best you can buy when you want it!

am I getting circular in my argument now? good, because that is what this crap circular logic leads to.

ok, rant over. : peace:

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    sorry for the rant but here it comes:
    if you want to skip it just scroll on by.....

this is "my opinion": if you want an upgrade right here right now go and buy the best f*ing piece of hardware that you can afford right here right now.
    if you wait until it reduces in price then you dont need it right here right now. besides when it has reduced in price then the next newest and greatest thing has come along.

just bite the f*ing bullet buy what you can afford and use it straight away! don't arse around for six months whinging that you havent got the best bit of kit cos it is too expensive. tough ****. buy the best you can buy when you want it!

am I getting circular in my argument now? good, because that is what this crap circular logic leads to.

ok, rant over. : peace:
    ...seems to me I've made this same post about a dozen times, I though I suppose it helps when you're not scrapping together every last nickel and dime you have for the next peice of hardware..like some of the younger members here

Also this thread was meant to get all the arguments out so what I'm plannin' will be done with the least problems that I can forsee so keep it up everyone. ;)

Hmmm..... AMD 21/ Intel 10 .... it's gettin' worse and the markets are less than 2hrs off. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I have been watching this thread for some time and haven't even bothered to express my opinion because i already knew witch way this where going... ;) But now as the choise seems to be made i'm going to express ju opinion. So...

Well Wiggo why even ask this question?
    The AMD setup may be sligth more powerful than the INTEL due to limited memory bandwidth for the p4 etc, if you should use a granite bay mobo then it would be a completly different question just as you said.

But i'd say go for the AMD, then you could switch hardware between your machines in the future for upgrade etc...

You may have noticed my personal opinion before but here i go again :)

If a good looking pair of original levi's jeans is the same price as a non original copy, why go for the copy?? I mean who wants a copy when they could have the original at the same price?

When it comes to copies and plagiarism, games & movies for example, the people buy them because they would like to save money.

If the seller's didn't have the opportunity to offer a plagiat or copy at a slight lower price than the original then they wouldn't
    even exist...

Most hardware, (if not all) is tested on a mobo with a Intelchips which make it a safer buy and gets you the best compability you can possibly get. Very good for non experienced people.

Ok thats my 2c, now all AMD lovers go and grab your shotguns while i run to take some cover...

But as you are very good at computer's it makes both setups safe choises for you...

But again, in this case go with the AMD, first of all for future upgradements to be able to change hardware between your other machines etc.

And second for the slight difference in performance between this setups.

And last just the fact that you are an AMD man just like i'm an INTEL man... ;)

:cheers:

Whoa The__tweaker!

nobody's grabbing shotguns here. It's all about the free exchange of information, you know.

Wiggo is quite capable of building his system any way he wants (he's done it before), the point is, if someone has a better idea - he'd appreciate hearing about it.

There is some real talent here among this forum, but few claim to be experts. The one thing we all do claim is a strong interest in the subject of computers. Thanks to Mr. Tweak we have a real nice place to gather and learn from each other.

Most folks in these parts are reasonable people of reasonable intelligence. It's OK to disagree - hec, there have been some good intelligent arguements here in the past. Makes for more interesting threads:D

By golly I get the impression that that is kind of what Wiggo was hoping for when he started this thread.

Us bystanders can learn a lot from a couple of informed guys having an intelligent arguement. So if you got a different way, by all means -- let it rip! :thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

But there's a couple of networkin' fellows and at least 1 sys admin that I havn't heard from yet and no this decission isn't as set in concrete as some may like to think. ;)

Damn! The markets were postponed for a week. :mad:

Don't matter as I hit the local hardware and electronics stores instead. We now have 2 of every tool I need plus a travel kit. A 3-15v 25amp DC PSU and 550w UPS for the rural location for the server (I'll get started on the solar power as soon as possible). :D

Also grabbed some business stationary and equipment while I was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Damn! The markets were postponed for a week. :mad:

Don't matter as I hit the local hardware and electronics stores instead. We now have 2 of every tool I need plus a travel kit. A 3-15v 25amp DC PSU and 550w UPS for the rural location for the server (I'll get started on the solar power as soon as possible). :D

Also grabbed some business stationary and equipment while I was at it.
    roflmfao!

you are sooooooooo lucky you have an understanding wife!
    yeah yeah yeah, I know legitimate business needs and all that cr*p but let's face it, this was a "toys for boys" shop, no?! :devil win

:cheers:

Well in my condition no one with any sense would employ me now so I might as well do somethin' to support us that I know a little about (I can learn the rest along the way). :devil win

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information