Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Should I stick with AMD or should I try Intel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiggo has a dilemma :(

Just let me cut right in here, this will either make or break this conversation:

Whatever we do, we will never be totally secure from 14 year old kids trying to break into computers for fun or corps looking into our computers for information they can manipulate or sell.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

But we can at least try and minimize their activities as M$ always seems to be there main target though yes Linux does have a few faults but not the attraction appeal.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I'm not quite sure who is going to stop or at least slow MS down now... the courts tried but they didn't achieve a great deal.

Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

(hehehehe..... I spot a thread hijack occurring......:devil: )

Yeah? Where? :confused:

Well I'm surprised that more effort hasn't been forthcomin' from the Intel fraternity here. :cry:

Ok then this is the points tally to date;

AMD / 17

Intel / 9

So this is lookin' like a walkin' for AMD so far. :D

Originally posted by Mr.Tweak
    [B]Just let me cut right in here, this will either make or break this conversation:

Whatever we do, we will never be totally secure from 14 year old kids trying to break into computers for fun or corps looking into our computers for information they can manipulate or sell.
    Your completely right there Mr Tweak, but with open source we have the option to review what we're installing, with closed source we have to take what we're given, and I'll back my iptables script against any binary firewall for peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    Bern[/size]]
    Your completely right there Mr Tweak, but with open source we have the option to review what we're installing, with closed source we have to take what we're given, and I'll back my iptables script against any binary firewall for peace of mind.
    I'll speak with ya bit later on Bern about that script. ;)

But this is why I've been movin' a few threads around the other forums to get as many views, opinions and facts as possible so I get this all right the first time as I don't wanna have to rebuild the network again. :devil win

Now.... if only a few others from some other forums will add to this. :?:

So this is lookin' like a walkin' for AMD so far
    was it ever going to be anything else?!? ;)

Now remember I'm goin' to be runnin' a PC store and internet cafe here to start with but I have no P4 experience so far. If ya notice the two hardware options up for vote that the AMD system is the more "Best Bang For Ya Buck" compared to the P4 setup. This is mainly for the fact that the cost of both systems must be the same (well as close as can be) and that P4 setup is $15aus the cheaper but it is also the slower as well. To get the Intel system almost equal will cost about another $120aus (2.53GHz) and to get it in front will take a whoppin' $280aus (2.66GHz ). :(

Oh and don't no one try to tell me that those facts are wrong (I've got a very thick skull at times). :no:

Now this is the reason that I have no P4 experience and why ppl take my AMD quotes over the P4 choice (though the prices were much further apart 12 months ago when different foriegn objects were in use which are now in the Intel trash can) but still not close enough. ;)

What makes matters worse is that I've handled the awesome power of that same AMD setup very recently which is why I want it so much. :devil:

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information