Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: Should I stick with AMD or should I try Intel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wiggo has a dilemma :(

When it comes down to the nitty-gritty you should just go with the hardware that you feel the more comfortable with ( and if that hardware give you a hard-on then w00h00).

/\ Now that's what I call the noise of a person who would also like the AMD setup if I'm not mistakin'./\ :D

it's also similar when ya tell and show ppl why the differences in quotes or abilities when ya build a system to a budget ;)

<center> </center>

Now some of you may have already seen this question in one of the threads that I'm movin' about the forums but I put it in here as well;

With a dedicated server would I be better off fittin' it with a SMC EzCARD 10/100/1000 Gigabit nic and runnin' into an Accton OEM 4009G Gigabit Switch with 1x 1000mbit & 8x 10/100mbit which will then feed several 10/100 switches before any PC's hit the connection?

Now parts have been chosen for budget and would this be the best way to get around bottlenecks to the server instead of the plain 10/100 setup I have now?

Ok that's the last question that I can think of at this time. :D
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    This is mainly for the fact that the cost of both systems must be the same (well as close as can be) and that P4 setup is aus the cheaper but it is also the slower as well. To get the Intel system almost equal will cost about another 0aus (2.53GHz) and to get it in front will take a whoppin' 0aus (2.66GHz ). :(

Oh and don't no one try to tell me that those facts are wrong (I've got a very thick skull at times). :no:
    I would have thought the AMD box would out perform the Intel by a significant margin - but they're actually fairly close

http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...;threadid=7495

Not enough for me sorry. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Not enough for me sorry. :D

....can't say that I blame you - I'd think I have to take an nForce2 box over an i845PE box right now too - in fact my hrdwr suppliers latest pricelist came out today w/the 8RDA+ on it for the first time & already I'm trying to rationalize shelling out $170cdn even though the AMD MB I have right now is only 2mo. old

....granite bay or springdale might be another story:D

Yes now if Granite Bay was much cheaper then it would be a different story. :thumb:

But it's not. :cry:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Wiggo,

I'm upgrading at present and have decided to go for an Abit NF7-S motherboard, keep my existing XP1600
    until the XP2700 drops in price, and purchase two 512mb PC2700 modules, not sure which make yet?

Intel :thumbs do :thumbs do :thumbs do :thumbs do :thumbs do AMD :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If you think about it weta...getting the 2700 is pretty much pointless...with the 2600+ you get 97% of the 2700+ performance for alot less. Imagine when the 2700+ drops in price the 2600+ will be a steal...better yet the 2800+ will be affordable.
    - Damien

You're right if I was buying now, but I intend to wait until it hits the sweetspot, where the XP2100 is now.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread Information