Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Which Ethernet card?

Hello All.:wave: I was wandering which Ethernet card to buy. :?: They start from $15 up to $60 cdn. What is the difference between them besides the price;) I just need a descent Ethernet card for Internet sharing( 2 computers).

Thanks for any input .

Matrix

get yourself a cheap 10/100 etherfast card..... 15 bucks at gamestop. Quick and easy. Or you can wait for bestbuy to have rebates you can get one of them for 5 bucks. Internet sharing is all software.

That's the card that I have.

Thanks for the fast reply. INTELLINET PCI 32-BIT 10/100 is going for $15, I guess that will do the job?

Thanks again.

Any card will do really. There all the same in my opinion. And even if there is a difference. I don't think I would notice it. I have dlink intel and linksys. In the 6 different computers. They all are just the same to me.

ReSpAwN DeMoN
    Thanks for your help:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

If you don't mind waiting newegg has a linksys card with the RealTek chip for 8 bucks...yet again with chipping and all you will prolly spend the same or more..only worth it if you are ordering something else for the place.
    - Damien

That Intel NIC is really good, and for 15 bucks it's a steal. You probably won't get to really make good use of it, but Intel has very high quality NICs and NIC chips and with it being the same price as lower quality (not saying they're bad) NICs like stuff using a Realtek chip or stuff by Linksys and Netgear, you've really got a good bargin. Also, while I haven't run into any issues with any of these brands, Intel has the least chance of giving you any issues.

3Com is a another hiquality brand wich i used like forever.

I also use a Dlink 4 port servercard in my server.

But a 10/100 3Com for about 20-30$ and your set for years.

:cheers:

Thanks for all your inputs guys:thumb: I really appreciated:)

Thread Information