Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Brand DDR modules vs Standard?

Is there any advantages buy getting a brand memory like Kingston or Samsung over just plain standard memory modules to a Granite Bay board? Could it be any performance and stability difference? :?:

I may want to try some oc, but nothing to heavy.

I need two sticks of pc 2100 mem.

(There is just like 10$ more expensive per module to get Samsung over the standard modules)

I'd prefer to get Crucial or Corsair myself but some reviews were done with some pretty slow generic memory and that still performed well.
    <center>:cheers:</center>

I use Samsung myself ...i believe RDR does as well..not bad at all.

*I recently learned that GBay only supports 2100 but i always thought 2700 was its optimum...is that so?*
    - Damien

G Bay boards are supposed to only support 2100 but there is some evidence that the Gigabyte board may benefit from 2700 DDR.

I read that on one of the motherboard reveiws here in the last few weeks.

ps: I use kingston memory and have never had a problem with it. Lifetime warranty as well.

Yer less likely to run into trouble with brand name memory as opposed to no name memory. I prefer Samsung myself, but Crucial is good as well. I haven't used Corsair, but I've never heard a single complaint about their memory.

Thread Information