Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: TV Tuner and Console

I want to get a gamecube, but do not want to get a tv. I do not have the $ for a tv and do not have the space in my room for a tv. So it is out of the question. I am wondering if anyone has tried a console system with a tv tuner card? Is this an idea that will work well? I have tried to look this up on the internet but I did not read too much about it!
    I am thinking about getting the TV LEADTEK WINFAST "DELUXE" TV2000XP, I have read a lot of good things about this card!
    Thanks for you input!
    saidin
    :thumb:

don't get a WinTV PCI card TV tuner - get an external tuner

look at the Viewsonic VB50HRTV or the Nextvision N5/N6

http://www.viewsonic.com/products/vi...x_vb50hrtv.htm

it allows the PC video signal to pass through when you are using your computer - or acts as a TV tuner and sends a full screen size picture to your monitor without the computer even needing to be on.

it's cable ready & has inputs for DVD/VCR/gaming consoles

you'd also need a Y adaptor for your speakers so you can use them for your computer & the TV tuner

yeah I was looking at those viewsonic boxes as a way to use my monitor for console games. The only problem is they are full screen only. But hey, from what I have read they will be a lot better than the pci tv cards, and less taxing on my system...ehehe

I will probably get the VB50HRTV, becuase of the price and the reviews of it (I go most of the reviews from newegg.com).

The N6 is nice, but sooooo much money...close to $400 dollars. The N5 looks nice, but I have not been able to find much literature on it.

Thanks for the info RDR! :thumb:

Thread Information