Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: powersupply

i've never really thought about this, but im looking into buying a new case and i realized hey, i need a powersupply with it. then i started wondering if it was really woth the extra $90 for the 431 watt p.s. heck, im not really sure why i would want a high powered power supply. please enlighten me : peace:

Lettin' us know all the hardware that will be powered by it first would help a lot. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

well, im going to be powering my headphones, floppy, nforce2, dvd, cr-rw, monitor....geforce3, water-cooled koolance case, cold cathode, 6 fans, nothing much other than that...

You'd at least need that 430w PSU but I'd consider something a bit more powerful again like 450-500w myself. ;)

but why o why wiggo!!! help me understand o wise and mystical one!

"water-cooled koolance case, cold cathode, 6 fans" the first two alone on top of 6 fans plus the normal hardware will most like work the PSU pretty hard and then after a few months ya start to have stability probs as the voltage rails are saggin' due the load and heat. It would be better to avoid that if possible as well as plan ahead for future upgrades that will add more load. ;)

what are voltage rails and what do they do? why do they start to sag?

You have 3 rails (3.3v/5v/12v) in a PSU but if ya load one up then its likely to draw from the others causin' the others to sag in current levels. ;)

Thread Information