Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cordless / non cordless

i am a beginner,,and i use the old hold saw and drill. Now,i plan to buy a new dremel,but dont know which one

a cordless or a cord?? in my place,,the 4.8v cordless is only 55 CAn. but is it strong enough to do 2 hrs of metal cutting? O,and tell me which one (the specs) i should get.

i plan to buy on 5 days :) :)

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

I'm not a fan of the dremel as I rather use a jigsaw and a set of files plus ya'll have less chance of an unexpected mod on either ya case or ya self. ;)
    <center>:cheers:</center>

hmm as far as running it for 2h straight i dont think cordless is the answer also u are going to be cutting metal so this is even a bigger strain on the batt. getting a cord drill will give u the power u may need, the best thing to do is just go to a local store that sells them and ask as new products are always available besides dremel

I just happen to have one of each.
    99.9% of the time I use the corded one - hands down favorite.
    But the cordless does have it's uses. It can get into some tight areas where the cord would just plain be a nuisance if not ruling out the use altogether.
    Also mighty handy for a trip across the yard to do a quick task without the bother of either bringing the work to the power outlet or vice-versa.

For constant power it is going to have to be the corded one. No way is that cordless going to cut metal for 2 hours. It will gradually wind down, and without that high RPM those cutting tools need, it becomes rather less-than effective.
    The corded one simply has a lot more torque and is not likely to stop turning when binding or slow down quite so much when cutting hard material. High RPM's is really the key to the Dremel's success and usefulness -- you get more of that with a cord.

Then you have that tedious period of waiting while the battery recharges. But you do get a long break that way:laugh:

Both have thier rightful place in the tool chest, but if you have to choose just 1, I would certainly get the corded model ---- unless the ability to work in very tight areas or portability are the overruling factors involved with the majority of the work you anticipate using the Dremel for.

Just my opinion of course, but I think key points to consider nonetheless.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

well,,i guess i will buy the cord one,,thanks Mr C for those advice...

"in memory of the 7 gr 10's who died in B.C."(one was my friends friend)

MASTA OF ALL COMPUTERS

Thread Information