Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i Want to start a dial-up service

depending on who you get it from any were from 1000-2500$$$ a month
    :shoot3:
    <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >
    New Computer

Athlon xp 1700+
    Asus A7A266
    256 DDR
    ATI ravion VE 32mb DDR
    philips psc602 sound card
    Maxtor 7200 rpm 40 gig HD
    LG 8x4x32x
    Windows XP pro 2600 build

2 new computers exactly the same

E-machines T2200+
    2200+ athlone
    512DDR
    100gig HDD
    built in vid card
    built in sound card
    10/100 networkcard
    56k modem
    6x usb
    3x 1394ports
    16Xdvd
    40x cdrw
    19" moniters
    windows home

connected with

linksys etherFast cable / dsl roughter
    model # BEFSR41

printer/fax/copier connected to computer #1

mmmmmmmm t1 goodness :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2: :bounce2:

50k US wouldn't get you much of a setuyp dude

i would be saying 7-80k atleast
    TT Original

Getting into the ISP business hey... Make sure you do lots of research. I wouldn't have thought the United States Government would have had to offer grants for this kind of thing in a country so technicalogically advanced. : peace:

well there is alot of money out there to do small business that i would qulify for and there is money out there for small town internet they wount everyone out there to be on-line.

I just need to know were to start so i can start reading up on it.
    <font face="verdana,arial,helvetica" size="1" >
    New Computer

Athlon xp 1700+
    Asus A7A266
    256 DDR
    ATI ravion VE 32mb DDR
    philips psc602 sound card
    Maxtor 7200 rpm 40 gig HD
    LG 8x4x32x
    Windows XP pro 2600 build

2 new computers exactly the same

E-machines T2200+
    2200+ athlone
    512DDR
    100gig HDD
    built in vid card
    built in sound card
    10/100 networkcard
    56k modem
    6x usb
    3x 1394ports
    16Xdvd
    40x cdrw
    19" moniters
    windows home

connected with

linksys etherFast cable / dsl roughter
    model # BEFSR41

printer/fax/copier connected to computer #1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Tweak
    Getting into the ISP business hey... Make sure you do lots of research. I wouldn't have thought the United States Government would have had to offer grants for this kind of thing in a country so technicalogically advanced. : peace:
    For the most part, it was government programs that got phone lines to the rural communities to begin with.

If they're going to give free access to the Native Americans, the least they can do is get a pay-for-it service to farmers and such.

Thanks to the state Governors wired schools program, rumor has it DSL will be coming my way.
    The Governor caused a lot of fuss when he used prisoners to wire the schools instead of contracting electricians.
    But he got the schools wired, and saved the state a fortune -- 0.24 $'s an hour vs. the big bucks.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

In Australia there is really no point, 95% of the country is not financially viable to service. Unlike the continental US, the same physical size as Australia (roughly) but with over 15 times the people, it's much more viable there :thumb:
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

What you say is in essence true Albinus.
    But when you factor in the spread of that 15x population, it does leave a lot of people out in the cold.

Are you aware that the second largest city in South Dakota is actually an Air Force base?
    Situated snugly against the 3rd largest city in the state. While the largest city is about 500 miles away on the other side of the state.

That's a lot of cattle ranches/farms inbetween. How economically viable is it to run fibre-optic cable an extra 120 miles to wire Mr. rancher?
    In actuality, he has a real need for such connectivity, and would soon make good use of it in the everyday operations of his life/profession. But unfortunately, he is not likely to get that vital access in the near future.

North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho - all have similar problems in regards to population -- there are a few pockets that get the attention. While the major part of the population goes without such infrastructure.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

But having little towns all across the country can be beneficial. Simply have a node on a transcontinental optic fibre, and the town is serviced. We don't have that in Australia, the only transcontinental fibre is the Nullabour Plain, between Perth and Adelaide (also the home of the world's longest stretch of straight railway).

Sand isn't very good to lay cable in
    What came first - Insanity or Society?

*dr evil voice*

ONE ..... BILLION.... DOLLARS

:D

$1000-2500 Plus provisioning (you pay for the providing an upgrades nessasry to bring the local loop up to code,new equipment at the CO)
    Depends alot on state regulation (tariffs)
    Call the phone providers for that area, get a quote (at least that's free)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information