Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Digital Camera Recommendations for $1000AUD?

I've been reading a few digital camera review sites and now I'm more confused as ever :confused:

Hey Mr.Tweak, have you got some REALLY close ups shots you could show me? Something like electronic componentry would be good.

*edit*

Just reading this review, and there is a comparison between a HP 850 and the C730. The C730 has a great deal more noise in it that the HP which for blown up pics (as I plan to do) may well be a problem.

So confused:confused:, it seems that no camera in that $1000-$1300 price bracket is free from what I'd consider as problems. I was even considering just being done with it and getting a Canon G3, but I see it's meant to have a crap macro.

There are a few review links from http://www.digitalcameraden.com/olym...s_C730/1d.html so I think I have a bit of reading ahead of me. I might make up a pros and cons list for each too.

Will this do? Just took it now, of Radeon 9500 graphics card.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Yep, ok, that's pretty good.:smokin:

*edit*

I looked at the photos you posted in the other thread, and the only ones I can see any noticable niose in is the one with the clock tower in it, and there is a tiny bit in the close up of the vid card. Apart from that, the image quality looks sensational, although not quite as sharp as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by brashquido
    Yep, ok, that's pretty good.:smokin:
    I didn't think it was bad either for a quick point and snap photo... :)
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Man this going to take a long time to research!

So far I'm researching the following

Nikon Coolpix 4300
    Sample Pic

Olympus C730UZ
    Sample Pic

Fujifilm S602 Zoom
    Sample Pic

There are still a lot of camera's to scope to see if they're in the running, but of these three I'm leaning towards the C730 or the S602. The C730 has a great macro on it's side, while the S602 has superb image quality. If you look at the sample pics you'll see there is quite a lot of noise over the sign in the foreground with the Coolpix 4300 and C730UZ, but it's almost cyrstal clear with the S602. The big minus against the S602 is the fact it's $1500, which is $400 more than the C730, and about $500 more than I really wanted to spend.

*edit*

Oh, another plus for the S602. Going by these specs, it has a 1cm Macro range!

This is getting worse and worse. The more I read, the more confusing the decision gets. I love all the features of the Olympus C730UZ, but a lot of people on digital camera forums are telling me that if I want A3 printouts I need atleast 4MP which means getting a Canon G3 or something, but the macro on that isn't anything flash. Then there's the Nikon Coolpix 4500, great macro, but as ugly as sin and only has a 4X optical zoom. I even you so much Mr.Tweak for having actually made a decision

Ok, I've made the decision. I had to significantly increase my budget, but it should mean I'll have a camera that'll fulfil my needs for many years to come (as long as it doesn't break:rolleyes2 )

I've decided to go with the Olympus C-5050 which will cost me about $1450 from www.dirtcheapcameras.com.au . The 3X optical lense is nothing to rave about, but can be countered by attaching a telephoto lense down the track sometime. It is a 5MP camera which will be great for those A3 blow ups, and has a Macro range as close as 2cm, plus a host of other cool features. The great thing is it's a good $500-$800 cheaper than most of the other 5MP cameras, and is infact cheaper than a lot of the 4MP cameras as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information