Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: DDR400 Support for Pentium?

Hi All,

I was just wondering if there are any Pentium based motherboards that support DDR400. All I see now is DDR2700 support. I know that AMD motherboards have it and is there really much a difference in speed?

Thanks!

Speedwise, the only way that the DDR 400 can be taken advantage of is if the FSB and the Memory are run asynchronously 333:400 (333:400 is the same thing for the new Athlons), or if the CPU is overclocked via the FSB.

thanks. I just hear that the new springdale chipset (to come out in April ) will have the DDR400 support

Yes. Springdale will have a faster memory support. You can put faster ram in the Granite bay boards, but you just can't use them to the fullest extent w/o overclocking. You can tweak the hell outta them tho.

I heard as well that the new P4 chips will have an 800FSB which is incredible

I believe Canterwood will support that. I'm not sure when it'll be out, but I think it might be this year. Would I wait for it? No. It could be quite a few months before it hits, and Springdale will hit before that does.

Thread Information