Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: when i get my comp lol

when i get it lol um my friend says he kinda knows how to put one togehter but i dont trust him so u guys know a website that u leanred from or somthing:thumb: :snip:

I saw my dad put my first box together and thought that wasn't as hard as I'd thought it was (there were more jumpers to play with back then). Most motherboard manuals show how to install the CPU, and if you buy the retail packaging, that will show you how to install the CPU and heatsink. I would read up on each component you add before you assemble the PC and understand it.

I know I've seen a few how-to's on PC assembly, but I can't recall any of them. I can't even think of any sites that I think I remember seeing them at.

It's best to see it done first hand. I don't know if they'll let you, but check out a local PC shop and see if they'll let you watch them while they assemble a PC. It's not particularly complicated, but it does help to know what you're doing. I still get the floppy cable mixed up, and I've setup a system a lot.

You get your motherboard and vooomb slot in the prcessor than thwak smack on a heat sink. You then slip in some ram zoom in a video card and maby a sound card. then link up a hard drive smakc in a cd drive or/and dvd and/or floppy and phew ure done. :laugh: bit more complicated but that'll do.
    What the fcuk happened to my sig?

:confused: Well, actualy you go around the room with caffine in your hand and chant the abc's and it puts itself together
    :cheers:
    I shall stir the gates of hell once more and stare into the jaws of death and laugh, for I will know fear no more.

nappen a quick google search with the heading "build your own pc" came up with a whole lot of sites that you can prolly learn from. Tom's Hardware has a guide at http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20020904/ that covers most of the basics as I understand em but it would prolly be worth your while to check out a few more "how to" guides as well as ask lots of questions.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Plus stick around TT you will learn alot from them. I have built systems b4 but not from scratch my first ever was on my own. With some help of TT and logic and patients in reading my manual. I pulled it. I started the thing without even knowing what raid was.:laugh:
    - Damien

Thread Information