Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's a Dell but... dual 2.4Ghz or 2.8Ghz Xeons for about $10

Yeah, but everywhere I've seen a Xeon set up would cost an arm and a leg. That Dell deal if it had a real mobo would have made it the same price as getting a BIY single processor PC.

That was a whole dual Xeon sys. for a little of $1000... but...but.... no AGP :cry:

It's obviously meant to be a server only and not a cheap workstation powerhouse. Tyan is going to have an ATX sized E7501 board coming out that should go for under $300, which is cheap for a Xeon board. It's bare, but since it's a standard ATX board, you don't need a special case or PSU---though I wouldn't skimp on that thing.

I think I'm just going to go build a single processor Athlon or P4 system. Can't really justify the money of buying a Xeon. Now if nVidia does come out with that rumored dual Athlon nForce then that and some modded XP's might do the trick, but I ain't holden my breath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information