Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Okay...I'll give Epox another chance...

I'd like to try another P4 board, and I'm considering Epox, since **** happens. I've been running an Iwill P4D (845E) for a while, but it acted really funky when I overclocked it at all. Iwill said it was the CPU, which I don't really buy.

I've got a 1.6A and a 256MB of PC2700 Samsung DDR. Even with the CPU overclocking funkiness, I was able to hit 176MHz with the FSB:RAM ratio at 100:133 @ CAS2. I've been wanting to test it out yet.

It doesn't have to be just Epox, but I'm looking for something on the cheaper side of things (excluding ECS and FIC), so integrated boards aren't my cup of tea, though LAN would be nice, and that's pretty much it. Unless someone can come up with a really good reason to look otherwise, I'm looking at some form of the i845 (with DDR) to run with. Doesn't really matter that much which one, so long as it's been fairly OC friendly.

I'd suggest an i845PE chipset but due to the lack of availability here of the EPoX version I had to settle for the Gigabyte version though it does do well but I hear from good sources that the Albatron is just a bit better (just a shame that I couldn't get the EPoX one as I find their AMD ones the best for performance and price here plus have the added overclockin' features that I like).

I picked up an Asus i845PE board a few months ago - before the Epox version was available....but the 4PEA series is easily available now - at least in my area - including 4PEADI w/onboard LAN

That Albatron looks pretty good. I may shoot for that with a tax refund check (I just have to mail them now)

Thread Information