Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Budget case

OK, I've got 50 bucks for a case and I want to get a case with GOOD AIRFLOW. Aesthetics like windows and lights don't concern me as I will not be modding this at all, all I'm looking for is a case that will help, not hinder, keeping my computer cool. So far, I think i'm going to go with one from Maxtop (http://maxtop.com/product.asp?produc...gold&display=2) but let me know if you guys think of anything different. Thanks a bunch. Oh, btw it's a P4 system. And I don't want an insanely cool case, just one that won't cause any problems with airflow and so forth.

I've used quite a few of the larger case on that page but I've always drilled those little squares out in the lower front so that the fans can pull the air (1/8" drill is enough but use a very slow speed). The PSU's that come with them are crap though. Here's a shot of the one I have here.

I don't plan on O/Cing right now, and the only things that will be using power will be the motherboard, a Radeon 9500, HD, and a CD-RW burner, do you think PSU will be a problem?

Overclockin' has nothing to do with the PSU that come with these as a lot of systems just won't fire up with them. The R9500 alone draws a lot of current but what CPU and mobo are ya goin' to be puttin' in there? :?:

so you're saying the PSU that comes with them won't provide power? but if they do, then they work fine? i'm a little confused. All I was saying was that my system is not incredibly power hungry and right now I won't be needing every single volt out of it I can muster.

While power supplies are not the exiting components that fast cpus and screaming video cards are, it is the heart of the system. Spending an extra $50us for a quality psu is a good investment to insure that you get your money's worth from the rest of you components. Here are some reasons not to buy a cheap power supply. A cheap psu will:
    have poor voltage regulation which can lead to erratic behavior of memory and cpu and can lead to premature failure of components
    may not be able to meet the power spike required at startup
    will suffer further performance degradation itself as it is built from light duty parts
    can actually increase temps in the case by producing more heat (as its lightweight components strain under load) and not add much to case airflow

so who makes a reliable PSU/case then for a reasonable price? or should I buy them seperately? and if so, who should I go with for PSU?

I think it is best to either buy the case and psu separatly or to by a case that includes an acceptable psu. Antec and Enermax are 2 excellent brands. Many venders will allow you to specify a particular psu when you order a case. They usually have a menu at the bottom of the "buy now" page that allows you to pick a psu upgrade.

Thread Information