Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does this sound

Yes which is likely why there 6 of them here and I fit them to all the latest PC's that I've built (must close to 50 of them 7+'s that I've used now) and until something comes along here that can do the same job for less without soundin' like a jet engine then I'll stick with them (25C room temp, 31C system temp and @ 100% load the CPU is 41C on medium speed atm on my XP2600+ @ 2.26GHz).

nice, im thinking about getting it b/c its p4 compliant too :P but isn't the X-Dream cooler and almost as quiet or is it noisy as a bizatch?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Well as I can't seem to find the X-Dream here I can't comment on them but yes I use the 7+ on both AMD and Intel setups plus at under $50aus they suit me just fine for the peace of mind of knowin' that the CPU is bein' kept cool.

i just use the stock fan, oh what do you think is a good case (i kinda needa a new case)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

I dig Antec cases of all kinds... but the 1080AMG or PlusView 1000AMG (same thing, one just has a PSU and the other has a window) hold a special place in my heart. Big, easy to work in, very well built, and generally quite cool looking.

I think I will change to the 1080; thanks for mentioning it. I found it at Directron.com for $115 and that includes a True 430 PSU. Nice looking case.

Do you think it would be a good idea to wait on buying the 9700 until the 9800 ships? How much will the price change?

Well, 9800 Pro *is* shipping in somewhat limited quantity right now, but 9700 prices could come down $50 US or so once 9800 Pro becomes widely available. And 9700 Pro prices will drop a lot as well. So it might be better to wait a little while.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information