Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Power supply for mini-ITX

I am getting myself a Epia 800 mobo. But I dont know how big of a PSU will I need.
    I will have one harddrive, an GPS unit that takes its power through PS2, keyboard and USB mouse. I will be using TV out for video, onboard sound and sometimes the LAN connection.
    Will a 100W PSU be enough for that??
    I cant use a full size ATX power supply, as it doesnt fit in the case.

I cant wait for it to come in!

Well they have been sold with less but a 145w one is the same size (a very popular size in that format) and I'd go with the largest that ya can get.

I found a DC-DC which would be best as it is for my car, but it is only 60W. I dont think it will be enough. I think I saw a 100W DC-DC somewhere, but cannot find it anymore. so would 100W be enough?

what are you trying to do?
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    kane2g[/size]]
    SETI?
    :rofl:
    Nah, its going in my car!
    I need a good MP3/GPS system, so I am gettin a computer in there! Thats why it nees to have built in everything. hehe
    That's his plan for this. ;)

kane2g Can't ya find a PSU from a mini Compaq Deskpro client? But likely the 100w one will do.

omg i was gonna add that ot my car (when im old enough to drive :P)
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

My options are
    1. get a 150W compaq/emachine/hp PSU and use the inverter to get 110v to it OR
    2 Use a DC-DC PSU which will be a lot better and less problems when used in a car enviroment.
    I see the 150W models go on ebay for 20bux, but I really want to try going the DC-DC route.

Just think that the inverter can also be used to power other mains appliances as well which could be handy (TV, VCR, etc,..) so don't throw that option out to quickly (the power would likely be cleaner too).

TV, VCR? in a car??
    I dont plan to be watchin movies when driving! hehe. I just want tunes, and GPS cuz its cool!

I looked into it, and almost everyone who has setup inverter in their car to run mp3 box, has some kind of feedback from the alternator. so thats why I'd rather go DC-DC. But since I already got a inverter I think I'll go with 150W PSU.

Ya'd need a small supressor fitted to the alternator to stop that. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information