Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: I'm having a hard time choosing a case

I'm having a hard time choosing a case and heatsink + fan for my cpu. Running p4 (socket 478 dur ) Oh about the case, must be big with a removable mobo tray, must have a slot for intake fans in the front where you can SEE the air getting through (unlike my enermax) i was thinking about the lian-li 60 but i want to add an 120 fan to the top instead of that 80 (i can add but i dont know how i would make the 80 fan slot into 12) a little help please
    The one thing man learns from history is that man does not learn from history.

A Volcano 7+ works just as well on my P4 as they do on my Athlons plus doesn't cost an arm and leg but why do ya want to fit a 120mm blowhole for? (bigger doesn't always mean better plus ya more likely to cause negative pressure inside the case as well) :confused:

Not really. Check out the review I did a while back on the Xoxide LL-60. It is based on the Lian-Li PC60 case and works very well. It is my normal case that I use for my personal system. :D
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Now that fan configuration is fine but adding a 120mm blowhole to a standard Lian Li fan configuration wouldn't be.

That Xoxide case (it was one of the three i was looking at) will cost me an arm and a leg, but luckily ill be saving some money on the 7+ thanks for helping out, I think I will go with the LL warrior :P thanks for the help once again

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Now that fan configuration is fine but adding a 120mm blowhole to a standard Lian Li fan configuration wouldn't be.
    I think it may depend on the case. The standard PC60 from Lian-Li already has an 80mm blowhole where this one has the 120mm one. They just enlarged it a bit to allow for better venting of the heat. Works for me as I can run my 1800+ at nearly 2GHz and it doesn't exceed 40c under load with air cooling. :D
    My Toys

That Xoxide case has extra air intake which will suit the 120mm blowhole so it will be fine. :thumb:

yeah its the case im going for, but you know the one you got is different :P the one tehy include are adda fans and you have nice glowing ones :P

You can pick up LED eqipped fans almost anywhere anymore, even at Xoxide.com. Just let them know what you want and I'd be willing to bet that they'll work with you.
    My Toys

i know tehy will work but i mean at $214 ill just add some cold cathode fan grills on the inside (so its not really a fan grill)

Thread Information