Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Replacement for Noisy Inno3D GeForce4 Fan

I've got an inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200 and the noise from the fan is driving me mad . . I wondered if anyone had recommendations for a quiet replacement fan or other system. I've seen the Zalman ZM80A-HP heatpipe system, which looks pretty good, has anybody tried it? I'm not particularly bothered about oc'ing, i just want something that does the job.....quietly
    P4 2.5Ghz, 512MB DDR, Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200

http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=435

Yes, the Zalman heatpipe coolers really work... and in most cases better than the ones with a fan. So even of overclocking is a possibility in the future, you'll still be in good shape.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Yeah, i've read some of the reviews and most seemed quite positive, but did mention that it was quite heavy. My card is on its side in my case with the fan pointing downwards and i was slightly concerned about whether the weight of the thing might be an issue
    P4 2.5Ghz, 512MB DDR, Inno3D GeForce4 Ti4200

The weight is not an issue as long as you properly secure the card in the system. This means being fully seated in the AGP slot and then securing it into place with a screw on top of the bracket that keeps the card firmly in place within the case. This will be plenty to take care of any normal use and even a bit of moving around as well.

But I would recommend you remove the card from the system before tossing it into the car for that weekend LAN party. ;)
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have the same card. It's not that noisy for me.

Thread Information