Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot Disk

Is there a way to convert all my WinXP setup floppies to a CD?? That way I won't have to wait as long for it to load and have a less chance of running into problems?

you only need the floppies if you can't boot off a CD, so it dosn't make much sense to put the floppis on a CD

most PCs these days can boot off a CD, if you are unaware of how to do this, just ask
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

ummmmmm. If you own a legal copy cannot you obtain cd's from microsoft for free?
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

once again, why would you want to put the floppies on a CD if you can boot off the winXP cd?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

XP came on floppies??

I think he's talking about setup disks. I have a set of setup floppies for win 2k for setting up my older comps. But, why you'd need to have a set for XP, I can't quite understand. As far as I know, M$ has made it very difficult to install the same copy of XP on more that one computer.
    :-(

actually i think that he meant "XP start up disks" not "set up" disks. the 6 floppies you make to start XP on those not so very gud days.

imo u r better off with a bootable CD rather than having those start up disks. they are worth less anyways cos almost every PC these days can start with CD.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    actually i think that he meant "XP start up disks" not "set up" disks. the 6 floppies you make to start XP on those not so very gud days.

imo u r better off with a bootable CD rather than having those start up disks. they are worth less anyways cos almost every PC these days can start with CD.
    Yea! :D the 6 floppy disks. Is there a way to get them onto cd? :cheers:

Just boot with ya WinXP CD in as it does the same job as the floppies, only quicker. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information