Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home vs. Pro

I am buying the NEW Dimension XPS and it comes with Windows XP home edition which i am fine about it because I was thinking about getting pro but I just wanted home edition because it's just simple and plus the XPS would ONLY be running games. Nothing more! I have everyone telling me that I will regert it if I go with home edition and I keep telling them that this computer would be nothing but playing games and that I really didn't need PRo to do anything eles. I mean my god I got all my friend pushing me down about my choice that I made. Can any of you all back me up on this one?

I have XP Home and its fine for just gaming :thumb:

From this guide I wrote a while back:

"Well effectively there is no difference whatsoever for performance and gaming purposes. The main differences are that XP Pro has a few extra utilities/functions for administering networks, such as the Group Editor. If you have WinXP Home you are not missing out on anything, and in fact if you have a standalone machine at home (i.e. you're not connected to a network), XP Home is just as good as XP Pro for your purposes."

I have both Home & Pro and both do all I need, which is plenty!!.

If money is no object get Pro with a few extra Bells & Whistles and get your mates off your back.
    The other side is to keep Home, show your mates that it will do all you want and keep reminding them how they wasted their cash...:p

I forgot to add..........
    Both my PC's are Stand alone.
    :)

For gaming, XP is XP. IMO
    But I think you'll be sorry that you got a Dell.

Just wait till Windows Server 2003 comes out...and get it. Way better than any windows xp version.:wave:

Dells are the best 'Brand' name computer you can buy, IMO. Alienware doesn't count as a brand because they are less than 1% the size of Dell.

And here's what you can tell your friends, if you guys are still buying brand name PC's for gaming, then, simply put, none of you need XP Pro. You may some day, but not today.
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Hi zeradul

Do you use a Dell for everything?

No, infact I build every computer I use, however I strongly suggest Dells to all my relatives who I don't build computers for.

And If I needed a new laptop today, it would most definatly be a Dell.

Why?
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information