Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Another IRQ question sorry

Just viewed the recent irq issues posts and though I should start a separate post for my own problems thanks.

How do I assign a separate IRQ for my pctv card or do I need a separate one for the graphics card, i've confused myself over which one I need to assign In order to get my tv card working?

Any Info greatly appreciated

Mark.

Your IRQs look fine DJ. Even though your PCI sound card is sharing with the TV card, this shouldn't cause any major problems. See my reponse in the other IRQ post for more information.

In particular, you can try disabling the COM1 and/or COM2 ports in the BIOS if you're not using them - they take up an IRQ each. Then either move your Sound card or TV card into a different slot and it should allocate a new IRQ to it.

As I said, worse comes to worse and the audio and TV cards share an IRQ, unless you're having problems this shouldn't cause any issues. IRQs were made to share after all, it's only in isolated cases that two devices sharing one can cause major problems.

Thanks for the reply, got it sorted out with swapping pci slots, bit of a late reply as one has been ahem...bird watching flap flap lol :devil: :smokin: ;)

Thread Information