Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icons changed in XP Pro

Hello all....

I just downloaded some XP icons from www.themexp.org

there were so many pretty icons that i wanna change, but the prob is i dont know how to do it exactly.... i did it once, it was like i used some app , and it did change the icons for me automaticly..

and one has any idea how to go thur this ?
    or i need another app get it done???

thanks for any input!!!!

:shoot2:

here is the link: http://www.themexp.org/view_info.php?id=14826

mess with the best, die like the rest
    :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

:o :o please really help if u guys get a chance!!!

I appreciated that

Assuming that you already have the icons sized properly, you just have to right-click a given icon, make sure you choose the "Shortcut" tab, then click the button labeled "Change Icon". There is nothing to it. From there just browse to where the icons are stored on your disk and apply.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

excuse me, i think there is a way to change the icons, the file called shell32.dll is the one which save your icons

so, see the method below:

This three .dll's make your PC' looks like the longhorn.. includes most of the icons

- shell32.dll (this file is the "shell" duh.. includes most of the icons)
    - msgina.dll (this file got the logout & shutdown windows)
    - mydocs.dll (this one got the icons for the 'My documents" folder, My pictures,etc.)
    - explorer.exe (this one got the "My Computer" icon)

INSTRTUCTIONS!!

1.- Boot your PC in DOS mode
    2.- Go to the folder where you got the downloaded files
    3.- type "RUNTHIS" then hit <enter>
    4.- There should be a messege were all 4 files had been copied..
    5.- Reboot & enjoy

NOW, the prob becms how can i get to the really DOS, coz u all know there is no DOS in XP, but i sure there are some ways to do that, just forget it, such as by using the 98 BOOTUP disk something

thanks a lot !!! :thumb:

see this ,some 1 did it

I am struggling to understand what exactly you want to do. If you want to change the XP theme then go to a site like ThemeXP.org and check the utilities there (as well as the experts in their forums). If you want to revert back from a modified theme then again, you might need to check the instructions for the utility you used to change the theme in the first place.

It seems to me that you asked for a means to change the icons on your desktop. I provided an answer. If you plan on using a theme, then this too can sometimes change some of your system icons, depending on the content of the theme. If you wanna muck about in the shell, then that is your business. :rolleyes2
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

i didnt mean that though,

yesterday, i change the file "SHELL32.DLL" which is under system32 files by DOS mode, and it actually works to me, after i rebooted the computer, the icons in the computer did change some of them, not all of them.. u know what i saying???

see the pic i captured , the icons for DVD ROM is already changed to LONGHORN, but the HD are still the same, what i want is change the HD icons to Longhron, is there anyway that i can go thur it????

thanks again!

:cheers: :cheers:

another image comes up

did u see the differenences??

when i look at those icons by Windows Explorer, it is normal, but when i lookat it by some app, such as i am opening a word document and click the "OPEN A NEW DOCUMENT" on the top, then i should see all the icons are changed!!
    that is the prob, why it is not exactly change? How can i change all the icons? i tried to right click the icons and go to properties , but there is no a function call change Icons though!!
    pls help me

I believe what u want to do is covered under persian's advice, you should try checking out themexp to change the system icons. ON another note, y do u have 4 DVD drives? just curious :cheers:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information