Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer Constantly Freezing Up

Ok it seems the ASPI files have somehow been corrupted or absent. You say your currently using Nero... Did you or do you have another cd burning software installed as well????

Win XP does not natively support ASPI.

any how.. here is the MS KB fix for this issue.

MSKB

Best of luck and post back to let us know how you are doing.

PS: also found this site with some good info. Wiggo it could be helpful with other errors.

Stop Errors

it could be a silly thing to ask but you don't have a CD in your CD-ROM drive...right?
    this error can be there because of a dirty drive or CD.

you have got excellent suggestions till now and imo G Smith's post should help you out but if you still experience the problem...delete the IDE on which you have CD-ROM or Burner (Most probably secondary) and let it re-install the drivers of secondary IDE.
    it will take care of all your aspi32.sys needs, infact installing those drivers from a site like adaptec is similar to doing what i just said, its just that you will get latest drivers from adaptec.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I have done so and I will post back if i experiance any more problems.

Thanx 2 all,
    Lawton
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

I have encountered another lock-up. It seems to occur now when I am putting it to heavy use. It froze while I was downloading nthings on Kazaa and surfing the Internet and listining to Mp3s.

All help is appreciated!,
    :cheers: Lawton :cheers:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

KaZaA :hammer:

i just checked the whole thread again and the first advice u got was related to virus.
    wat did u do on that front cos u didn't post anything related to it? :?:
    which AV do u have? did u perform an online scan just to rule out this petty small thing?
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

flamingbanana,

Has the system gotten more stable at all and this is a new occurance or ????

asklepios's advice is very sound. If your using KaZaA there is a very strong possibility that your computer is infected.

Did your check your event viewer with this latest problem? What errors did it produce?

For AV I use Norton Anti-Virus Software. I just performed a full-system scan with no detected viruses. Also..when I was playing my Morrowwind game, (along with all other games) it was extrememly choppy. The Audio during the game is choppy too, stangely it is in perfect synchronization with the Video choppiness.

I have noticed no real change in stability during all the things I have performed.

Please help!,
    :cheers: Lawton :cheers:
    AMD Athlon XP 1600+
    1.39GHz
    Radeon 7500
    SiS MOBO
    512 SDRAM
    LITE-ON DVD-R DRIVE
    HP 24x CD-R/RW Drive

There are so many things which could be causing this. It's too hard to diagnose from here because of all the variables.

Basically start from scratch. Open the case and make sure everything is installed (seated and connected) properly and there is proper ventilation.

Next go into your BIOS and disable everything you don't use. This will help to free up IRQs for the next step.

Next, do a clean reformat and reinstall of Windows. Since you've disabled all the useless stuff (like any unused COM ports etc.) then your IRQs are less likely to be shared. And a new install of Windows will rule out any viruses or infections or corruptions.

Then go through my two XP tweak guides and my System Optimization Guide.

Sorry I can only refer you to this solution because quite honestly it could be anything that is causing this problem, from hardware to software, so best to start from a fresh base.

imo u shd pull out all of ur cards and install a system with minimum requirements CPU, RAM and Vid card and then start adding cards one by one.
    this way you will be able to rule out a faulty hardware.
    as suggested by PI...perform a clean install and that will rule out the software thing too.

suggesting something without being there in front of the PC is really difficult. i wish u luck in finding the probs.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information