Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Win XP + Win 2k 2 HDD dual boot???

This may seem odd but is it possible to have say a 20gb hdd running win xp and a separate 80gb hdd running win2k??? Whats an easy way to set up dual boot? (if thats what thats even called)
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

For those 2 oses ya need to look at a 3rd party boot manager like System Commander.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    For those 2 oses ya need to look at a 3rd party boot manager like System Commander.
    is that really necessary? I don't see any reason why he can't just do a normal multiboot...instal win2k first, then instal winXP (on seperate partions of course)
    boot.ini gets updated and he can choose which OS he wants during the boot process

I've run a multiboot with win2k and winXP before, so why would he need System Commander?
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Ya can get a prob between the 2 NTFS partitions is why (not always but it does happen and it's also documented unless ya run one on FAT32 but most ppl now find that unappealin').

didn't know that...but I never had a problem with it

seeing as how winXP is so very similar to win2k I quickly ran out of usefulness for a multiboot with those 2 anyway

Thanks wiggo:cheers:

im just doing this as an experiment
    -|Soyo Dragon kt400 - XP 1600+ - 1 GB pc2700 - radeon 9700pro- Amstel Light|-

-|Mystery Mobo - celeron 1.2 - 256 whatver sdram - geforce4mx440 - Coors Light|-

2k is useless..

XP is basicly a polished verstion of 2k with pretty colors...what's so useless about 2k?

aznx has a prob gettin' oses to run stabilly. :devil win

just make sure you install 2k first, then XP, when they're both loaded up and you start the computer for the first time, if you don't get a screen asking which to boot up you gotta hit F8 and that'll take you to the boot up options, as for the NTFS vs FAT32, i've had lots of problems with NTFS so when i reinstalled XP i just stuck with FAT32

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information