Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ms Virtual Machine




  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    4,723

    Default

    I'm proud of you, takes a set to come into a tweaking site and admit you've failed.
    (not to worry, no one has successfully walked me through the process yet)

    Yep, we still got a working VM thanks to the foresight of Microsoft, so I don't think we've missed out on much.

    Do you suppose the courts will ever learn that the consumer doesn't ever gain a damn thing as a result of any of these trials?

    Thanks ever so much yet again Justice Dept.!
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    You are all light-years ahead of me, as I've yet to succesfully install the true SUN Java on my system.

    Every effort to date has resulted in a hard lock story.

    :confused:
    Sorry to hear that, but not surprised.. :(

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    4,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Sorry to hear that, but not surprised.. :(
    Interesting isn't it?
    Yourself being one who frowns upon free software, and me being one who seeks it regularly to fulfill my every computing need.

    We have taken a decided turn for the surreal.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    considering M$'s stance on Java, I'd hardly call VM the "real thing"
    Well, M$ own software is what it'd written to run under. (IE6 for must of us) That's why I called it "the real thing", you can never find anything more suitable than VM for your IE browser.. :)

    People keep assuming that the M$ stance is something evil = bad, even though it's quite often the best alternative there is, Sun Java is just one example..


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Fincastle, IN, USA
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. C
    I'm proud of you, takes a set to come into a tweaking site and admit you've failed.
    (not to worry, no one has successfully walked me through the process yet)

    Yep, we still got a working VM thanks to the foresight of Microsoft, so I don't think we've missed out on much.
    Im glad you can still do a googe search and egt the Microsoft VM, all that works for me. Ive tried Sun's version on 4different pc's and it has never worked.........and ive checked all the Faq's and everyhing

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    4,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    Well, M$ own software is what it'd written to run under. (IE6 for must of us) That's why I called it "the real thing", you can never find anything more suitable than VM for your IE browser.. :)

    People keep assuming that the M$ stance is something evil = bad, even though it's quite often the best alternative there is, Sun Java is just one example..
    In essence, I agree with that.
    Microsoft's VM is best for my particular needs.

    But you have to admit that it does fly in the face of everything Java was ever intended to be.
    Keep in mind, true Java is a cross-platform method of writing a program one time and being able to execute that program on a variety of operating systems on which the Java Virtual Machine is installed.
    To date I'm unaware of anyone having installed the Microsoft VM on a Unix platform.

    Though I do find it interesting that I'm not hearing much uproar over "Cocoa Beans", the Apple version of Sun Java.

    So, while I see your point - and agree with you too, Microsoft has done nothing but *******ize what is in fact a wonderfully good idea.
    Not that SUN's Java is perfect by any means, it at least is kept more in line with the intentions and goals of Java.
    I do wish that all parties involved could get together and straighten out the mess that Java has become.
    It really was a terrific idea when it all started.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •